Michael Hamilton is a member of Baker McKenzie's Corporate & Securities and Mergers & Acquisitions practice groups. Prior to joining the Firm, Michael was a corporate associate at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP in New York.
Mr. Hamilton represents companies in a broad range of corporate and transactional matters, including registered and private offerings of debt and equity securities, US Securities and Exchange Commission reporting obligations, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance issues, corporate restructurings, and general corporate and securities law matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a multinational food production company in its private offering of senior unsecured notes worth USD500 million.
- Represented an NYSE-listed manufacturer of specialized industrial products and equipment in its public offering of senior unsecured notes worth USD400 million.
- Represented an NYSE-listed manufacturer and aftermarket service provider of flow control systems in its public offering of senior unsecured notes worth EUR500 million.
- Represented an NYSE-listed real estate investment trust in its operating partner's private offering of senior unsecured notes worth USD150 million.
- Represented an NYSE-listed real estate investment trust in numerous public offerings of common stock for aggregate proceeds in excess of USD750 million.
- Represented a privately owned manufacturer of specialty steel products in its private placement of senior unsecured notes worth USD85 million and the redemption of outstanding senior unsecured notes with a portion of the proceeds.
- Represented a gold mining company in its private placement of USD12 million worth of convertible notes and the extension and amendment of the terms of outstanding convertible notes worth approximately USD25.3 million.
- Represented an NYSE-listed oil field services company in the multijurisdictional restructuring of a portion of its corporate organization.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Texas (2014)
- New York (2009)
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D. with Honors) (2008)
- Boston University (B.S. Biomedical Engineering summa cum laude) (2005)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.