James Halliday is a partner in the Corporate team at Baker McKenzie, Sydney. James advises clients in a range of industries on general corporate and commercial law matters, with a particular focus on the regulated asset sector. He has undertaken numerous merger and acquisition transactions in the funds management, financial services, carbon markets, infrastructure, telecommunications, and IT sectors. James is a seasoned negotiator and has experience in cross-border transactions.
James' practice focuses on acting for Australian and multinational corporations on public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other corporate and commercial transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a major international fund in its acquisition of a number of cross border infrastructure assets, including in an airport, broadcasting assets and a renewable energies business.
- Acting for a major communications company in acquiring a 4G wireless business.
- Advising on, and negotiating, numerous other mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures in Australia and overseas.
- Advising and negotiating numerous commercial supply arrangements, including for the supply of telecommunications and other services.
- New South Wales~Australia (1996)
- University of New South Wales (LL.M.) (2000)
- University of Sydney (LL.B. Honours) (1995)
- University of Sydney (B.A.) (1993)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.