Anne-Catherine Hahn is an experienced dispute resolution partner and commercial lawyer in Baker McKenzie's Zurich office, as well as a member of the Firm's EMEA Disputes Practice Group Steering Committee. She advises on all aspects of dispute resolution and more generally on commercial transactions, helping businesses and business owners to manage and mitigate legal and compliance risks. Relying on strong academic credentials in Swiss and international law, and more than 15 years of practical experience in cross-border matters, Ms. Hahn provides thorough legal analysis as well as commercially workable solutions for complex problems, often at the crossroads of civil, regulatory and criminal law. She has also been an academic visitor at the National University of Singapore and for many years has served as a regular lecturer at the University of Fribourg in Switzerland.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a biotech company with the negotiation of a development and licensing agreement for a plasma product.
- Acted for a Swiss bank in civil proceedings related to a fraud scheme involving a former external asset manager.
- Advised a manufacturer of medical devices with respect to the set-up of collaboration arrangements with external medical advisors.
- Acted for a Swiss bank in relation to warranty and tax compliance claims arising out of an M&A transaction (Swiss Rules).
- Advised a provider of renewable energy solutions in relation to a biomass plant project in Southeast Asia.
- Acted for a leading publishing house in settlement discussions concerning the termination of a license agreement.
- Acted for a US-listed company in an ICC arbitration against the supplier of a GMP-regulated drug.
- Acted for a leading wealth management provider in an arbitration concerning the dissolution of a partnership agreement.
- Advised a bank in relation with to claims against a wealth management client and coordinated litigation in France, Italy and Switzerland.
- Acted for a German supplier in ICC proceedings relating to the sale of an infrastructure project in the Middle East.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution - Member
- ASA Swiss Arbitration Association - Member
- Switzerland (2000)
- University of Fribourg (Dr. iur. Walther Hug Foundation Prize and Peter Jäggi Foundation Prize) (2004)
- University of Michigan (LL.M. Certificate of Merit) (2003)
- University of Fribourg (lic. iur. Bilingue) (1998)