Ava Haghighi is an associate in Baker McKenzie's New York office and a member of the North America Transactional Group. She routinely advises clients across a wide range of industries on cross-border and US domestic mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital transactions, as well as corporate reorganizations.
In addition to having native fluency in English and Farsi, Ava has working proficiency in Turkish and reading proficiency in Italian, Arabic, and French.
Representative Legal Matters
Advised YDUQS on its BRL 1.92 billion (USD 465 million) acquisition of Adtalem Global Education’s business in Brazil.
Advised a subsidiary of Grupo ISA, Interconectado Eléctrica ISA Perú, on its USD 158.5 million acquisition of Peruvian energy transport company Orazul Energy Group from Inkia Energy.
Advised Dover Corporation on its concurrent registered public offerings of EUR 500 million and USD 300 million principal amounts of notes, and subsequent concurrent redemptions of two existing series of public debt.
Advised a sovereign wealth fund in its equity investments in an SaaS business selling sales acceleration technology specializing in data science and analytics, and in an early-stage, indigenous medical device company developing a novel remote monitoring solution for heart failure.
Advised one of the world's leading businesses providing specialist data and insight on its acquisition of a leading HealthTech company.
Advised Hotmart Technology B.V., one of the global leaders in the digital product market, in connection with its acquisition of Teachable, Inc., one of the biggest EdTech companies in the United States.
Advised Unilever on its acquisition of The Laundress, a global premium eco-friendly line of fabric care and home cleaning products.
Advised Nielsen on its acquisition of SuperData Research, a leading provider of market intelligence on digital games.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association (Business Law Section)
- New York City Bar Association
- New York~United States (2020)
- New York University School of Law (JD, A.H. Amirsaleh Scholar and Bert and Annette Bauman Scholar) (2019)
- New York University School of Law (NYU Law Abroad in Shanghai) (2019)
- University of Southern California (BS in Business Administration, magna cum laude) (2014)
- Bocconi University of Milan (USC Marshall International Exchange Program) (2013)
- Co-author, "SEC's Accredited Investor Rule Will Benefit Sovereign Wealth," Law360, 2020