Gaspar Gutierrez-Centeno serves as head of the Firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Transactional Practice Group in Mexico. He practices in the areas of major projects/project finance, real estate and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Gutierrez-Centeno focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, general corporate law, foreign investment, banking, project finance and corporate real estate, with a strong background in the different legal aspects involved in privatization, project finance, mergers and acquisitions and advice in the establishment, development and operation of companies in various fields of economic activity.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the Mexican Federal Electricity Commission on the design, financing, construction, installation and operation of several power plants in Mexico under the independent power producer regime.
- Represented private energy companies regarding private bids for the design, financing, construction, installation and operation of several power plants in the Mexican Republic under the self-supply producer regime.
- Represented the largest Australian mining company in connection with its participation in bids called by the CFE for the supply of thermic coal for use in coal-fired power generation facilities.
- Represented a bidder and potential purchaser in the privatization of the Mexican railroad system and assisted in the negotiation of its joint venture with a Mexican partner.
- Represented consortiums in bids for the granting of federal concessions for the construction, operation and maintenance of toll roads.
- Represented a large US technology and defense company in government procurement contracts in Latin America.
- Represented a large US railroad company in commercial and investment strategy in Mexico.
- Represented a US truck manufacturer in its establishment of manufacturing facilities in Mexico.
- Participated in the process involving the introduction and grant of concessions for mobile telephone services in Mexico.
- Represented one of the largest dairy products companies in an auction disposal of its Mexican consumer cheese and spread businesses.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Columbia Law School Alumni Association - Member
- American Chamber of Commerce of Mexico A.P. - Member
- New York Foreign Lawyers Association - Member
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce of Mexico - Member
- Mexico (1982)
- Columbia University (LL.M.) (1981)
- Escuela Libre de Derecho (J.D.) (1979)