Karla Guerrero is an associate for the Intellectual Property Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Mexico City Office. Her experience includes advice and guidance to clients on the compliance with legislation of data protection.
Her practice focus includes the drafting of Privacy Policies, Privacy Notices, Terms and Conditions of use, Cookies Policy, production of materials to facilitate client’s compliance with applicable legislation on the protection of personal data, software development contracts, administrative litigation, and advice on transparency matters, electronic commerce and information security. All these services are in relation to labor matters, social security, and financial law among others.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, Colegio de Abogados, A.C. (ANADE)
- Apple Compass of Youth Rights Resources
- Launch of the Legal Guide for Micro-entrepreneurs
- Drafting of Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice for the MassChallenge website
- Drafting of Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice of La Comandanta
- Mexico (2019)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager CIPM (IAPP) (2021)
- KU Leuven (Advanced Masters IP and ICT Law) (2020)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de Mexico (J.D.) (2015)
- Normalización y Certificación NYCE (Certificate on Audits concerning compliance with the Federal Law on the Protection of Personal Data held by Private Parties) (2015)
- Co-author, "Mexico: Comparing GDPR and CCPA with Mexican Data Protection Law," Data Guidance, December 2019
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.