Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on public contracts with entities such as PEMEX (Mexico’s state-owned oil company) and the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE), as well as with respect to concession titles granted by federal, state and/or municipal governments, including the Ministry of Communications and Transports (SCT).
- Participated in the development, construction and operation of waste plants and water treatment and desalination plants (CPS/PPP contracts).
- Assisted in concessions for the design, construction, operation and maintenance of road infrastructure (FARAC projects), and with other road projects consisting of the rendering of services (PPS/PPP contracts).
- Advised on the acquisition of a Mexican company holding the concession/PPP to build, develop and operate a local/state high-speed train, including amendments to concession title and key agreements related to engineering, procurement and construction (EPC), operation and maintenance (O&M), and project finance.
- Participated in a private bidding process for the sale and acquisition of a Mexican asset portfolio including five combined cycle energy plants and one gas pipeline.
- Participated in a private bidding process to acquire the controlling company of several port operators in Mexico and the USA.
- Advised a satellite manufacturer in the review and negotiation of the contract entered into with the SCT for purposes of the MexSat System.
- Advised a Mexican company, PEMEX contractor, in the preparation and issuance of an Offering Memorandum for the placement of US$335 million notes under Rule 144A of the US Securities Act of 1933.
- Advised on the acquisition of a controlling interest in two Mexican companies holding long-term services contracts (CPS/PPP) in relation to two federal prisons, including the legal audit of, and obtainment of consents to modify, the Prospectus / Project Bonds to finance both projects (Project Finance) and in the Acquisition Financing.
- Prepared legal opinions and reports for litigation and arbitration procedures deriving from government contracts; has also analyzed claims and protests under public bidding processes.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- British Chamber of Commerce (Mexico City) - Member
- British Chamber of Commerce (Mexico City) - Green Power Group/renewable energy, Founding member
- British Chamber of Commerce (Mexico City) - Infrastructure Sector Group, Head
- Mexico (2001)
- TEC de Monterrey/Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) (Diploma in PPP/Public-Private Partnerships) (2014)
- Escuela Libre de Derecho (Diploma Energy Law) (2012)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Diploma Banking and Financial Law) (2011)
- University of Edinburgh (LL.M.) (2004)
- Georgetown University Law Center (Diploma U.S. Law) (2001)
- University Anáhuac del Sur (J.D.) (2001)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (Diploma U.S. Law) (2001)
- Seneca College, Toronto Canada (International Business Development Seminar) (1998)
Author, "Expectativas para el desarrollo de infraestructura en México para el 2015" (Expectations for infrastructure development in Mexico for 2015), Inmobiliare Magazine, December 2014
Author, "Plan Nacional de Infraestructura, Momento Crucial" (National Infrastructure Program, Key Momentum), Obras 100 Magazine, July 2014
Author, "Oportunidades con el nuevo Programa Nacional de Infraestructura" (Opportunities with the new National Infrastructure Program), Forbes Magazine, June 2014
Participant, "Oil & Gas Institute and Training Seminar (Houston)," Baker McKenzie, 2015 and 2016
Presenter, infrastructure projects deriving from the Energy Reform and the NIP, Baker & McKenzie LATAM road show to Asia (Japan, China and New York), April and June 2015