Dr. Thomas Grützner is a compliance and dispute resolution partner in the firm’s Munich office. He is a seasoned lawyer with more than ten years of experience advising on various areas of law such as white collar crimes, compliance issues and compliance investigations, litigation and arbitration. He is a visiting lecturer at Leibniz University in Hannover and publishes on a regular basis books and articles on current compliance-related developments and court decisions. Dr. Grützner is a member of the steering committee of GlobalComplianceNews, a compliance news website with global reach moderated by Baker McKenzie.
Dr. Grützner advises and represents companies in post-M&A disputes, construction disputes, compliance-related disputes and compliance issues in general. Over the last years he has conducted a number of multijurisdictional compliance projects and compliance investigations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented several DAX 30 companies in compliance matters.
- Leading several large investigations for DAX 30 companies and communication with national and international authorities.
- Conducting smaller investigations for several DAX or US-based companies. Conducting ongoing internal investigations for more than 20 companies internationally and in Germany in the last 18 months.
- Leading compliance due diligence for a company with global operations and an annual turnover of several billion euros.
- Leading business partner screening of approximately 3,000 agents for a DAX 30 company.
- Leading compliance review of 850 consultancy contracts for a DAX 30 company.
- Analyzing anti-corruption laws in more than 180 countries.
- Germany (2004)
- Referendariat (Assessor Exam) (2004)
- University of Goettingen (Dr. jur.) (2002)
- University of Goettingen (Referendar Exam) (2000)