Matthieu Grollemund co-heads the Paris Corporate Department of Baker McKenzie's Paris office.
Prior to joining the Firm, Matthieu Grollemund was a partner at an international law firm and was previously a partner in a US-based global law firm where he spent five years serving as counsel in the New York office. He also served as senior consultant at McKinsey & Co. from 2000 to 2003.
Nominated among "most innovative lawyers" by the Financial Times in 2016, his clients describe him as "very smart with great attention to details" and "handles very well cross-border deals".
Matthieu’s practice covers M&A, private equity and special situations. He has significant experience in representing French and international private equity funds in investments, LBO, going-private transactions, stock and asset sales, IPOs and privately negotiated or hostile transactions involving public or private companies. He is particularly known in the Tech, Healthcare and highly regulated industries.
- Foreign Expert in Corporate/M&A (France and UK), Chambers Global 2017
- Most Innovative Lawyers in Europe, Financial Times 2016
- Leading lawyer in M&A/Private Equity (France), Chambers Europe
- Tier 1 in Private Equity, Legal 500
- Rising Star, IFLR1000
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2008)
- Registered Legal Advisor, New York~USA (2006)
- Paris~France (1998)
- Universite Paris I - La Sorbonne (Corporate Law) (1997)
- ESCP (1995)