Lara Grines is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Los Angeles office and is a member of the Firm’s labor and employment practice. Lara partners with her clients to find practical solutions to their labor and employment challenges.
While in law school, she served as a judicial extern to the Honorable John Kronstadt in the Central District of California. Lara was also a member of Loyola Law School's Project for the Innocent, where she worked to help exonerate the wrongfully convicted.
Lara concentrates her practice on employment litigation, including discrimination and harassment, wrongful termination, and wage-and-hour individual and class action claims. Lara represents companies in many different industries, including manufacturing, food and beverage, hospitality, advertising, health care, retail, insurance, and entertainment.
In addition, Lara counsels employers on a wide range of issues, including employee terminations and the drafting of employment and separation agreements, employee handbooks, and general employment policies and procedures. Lara builds her client service philosophy on knowledge and communication. She learns everything she can about her clients' business, and puts extra effort into maintaining open communication.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The State Bar of California, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- California~United States (2017)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States
- Loyola Law School (JD Order of the Coif) (2017)
- University of California at San Diego (BA magna cum laude) (2014)
- Co-author, ABA Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation, Employee Mobility, Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secrets, 2019
- Contributor, “How California Employment Law Is Different,” Cal-Peculiarities, 2018 - 2019
- Co-author, “This New Year, Raise Your Glasses And the Minimum Wage,” California Peculiarities Employment Law Blog, 12 December 2018
- Contributor, “How California Employment Law Is Different,” Cal-Peculiarities, 2017–2018
- Co-author, “#Time’s Up? Not Yet, For Harassment Claims,” California Peculiarities Employment Law Blog, 28 February 2018