Frank Grese is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Global Restructuring and Insolvency Group in New York. He has represented debtors, creditors, lenders, investors, and acquirers of assets in various aspects of distressed situations in and out of court. Frank is also actively involved in pro bono work, which has been recognized by the Legal Aid Society and the New York Bar Association.
Frank's practice focuses on business reorganizations, and debtor and creditors' rights.
Representative Legal Matters
- Debtor and company-side representations include: Takata Corporation and certain of its affiliates in their chapter 15 cases; Highland Hospitality in its out-of-court restructuring; and KB Toys in its chapter 11 cases.
- Creditor and other party in interest representations include: Wells Fargo Bank as administrative agent/first lien lender in the Linn Energy/Berry Petroleum chapter 11 cases and the Azure Midstream Partners, LP chapter 11 cases; Hilton in various chapter 11 cases, including the Caesars chapter 11 cases; Harbinger Capital Partners in the LightSquared, TerreStar Networks, TerreStar Corporation and DBSD chapter 11 cases; and GE Capital Aviation Services LLC in the Global Aviation Holdings Inc. chapter 11 cases.
- Acquirer or purchaser of asset representations include: Corbion NV on its acquisition of chapter 11 debtor TerraVia Holdings, Inc.; Physicians Realty Trust, as secured lender and acquirer of assets in a chapter 11 case in Florida; Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. on its acquisition of chapter 11 debtor Graceway Pharmaceuticals; and Almatis on its purchase of an alumina refinery from chapter 11 debtor Ormet Corporation.
- New York~United States (2009)
- Delaware~United States (2009)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York~United States
- U.S. District Court, Delaware~United States
- Villanova University School of Law (J.D.) (2007)
- Villanova University School of Business (M.B.A.) (2007)
- University of Georgia (A.B.J.) (2002)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.