Samantha Greer is a New York-qualified associate in Baker McKenzie's corporate finance practice group in London. Prior to joining the Firm, she worked in the finance team at a leading US law firm in London and in the legal team at a leading multinational bank in London where she supported its investor and treasury services and capital markets business platforms. Sam has experience working on a wide range of cross-border corporate finance transactions, including Regulation S and Rule 144A high-yield debt offerings, liability management transactions and syndicated credit facilities.
Sam's practice focuses on corporate finance transactions with a particular emphasis on high-yield debt offerings. She regularly acts for public and private corporations, private equity sponsors, financial institutions and private capital providers on leveraged transactions involving high-yield debt offerings and commitment financing processes. Sam has experience working on the syndicated loan side of transactions as well as liability management transactions, including debt exchange and tender offers. She also represents corporations in connection with complex cross-border corporate and securities law matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Hellman & Friedman and GIC in connection with the bridge to bond financing of their acquisition of Allfunds Bank (including the offering of €575 million senior secured PIK toggle notes), with a deal value of approximately €1.8 billion. This deal was the first-ever high-yield bond issuance by a standalone fund distribution platform business and shortlisted for IFLR's High Yield Deal of the Year.
- Represented Virgin Media Inc. and certain of its subsidiaries in connection with the first-ever issuance of £350 million receivables financing notes by an Irish special purpose vehicle. The deal was uniquely structured as a modified securitization and won IFLR’s High Yield Deal of the Year in 2017.
- Represented a top-tier investment bank as arranger in connection with the refinancing of a first lien term loan for Navico, Inc.
- Represented Samsonite International S.A., the world’s largest travel luggage company, in connection with the offering of €350 million senior notes by Samsonite Finco S.à r.l.
- Represented CSC Holdings LLC, a subsidiary of Altice USA, in connection with its US$1 billion offering of senior guaranteed notes to partially fund a stockholder dividend in connection with the spin-off of Altice USA from Altice N.V.
- Represented Telenet Finance Luxembourg Notes S.à r.l. in connection with its €600 million and US$1 billion offerings of senior secured notes to refinance certain existing term loan facilities.
- Represented Altice Finco S.A. and certain of its subsidiaries in Portugal, Israel, the Dominican Republic and French overseas territories in connection with its €675 million offering of senior notes to refinance the group’s revolving credit facilities and to partially finance the proposed acquisition of a Portuguese media group.
- Represented Virgin Media Inc. and certain of its subsidiaries in connection with its US$3.4 billion term loan facility and refinancing of certain existing term loan facilities and senior secured notes.
- Represented Altice Financing S.A. in connection with its US$2.75 billion offering of senior secured notes to refinance certain existing senior secured notes and term loan facilities.
- Ontario~Canada (2017)
- New York (2016)
- University of Toronto (JD) (2015)
- University of Toronto (M.S.C.) (2012)
- Queen's University (BSc) (2010)
Greer, S. (2015) "Mi casa es su casa: Van Breda as the house rule for global securities class actions in Ontario." Canadian Class Action Review, 11(1): 125.
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.