Samantha Greer is a New York-qualified senior associate in Baker McKenzie's corporate finance practice group in London. Prior to joining the Firm, she worked in the finance team at a leading US law firm in London and in the legal team at a leading multinational bank in London where she supported its investor and treasury services and capital markets business platforms. Sam has experience working on a wide range of cross-border corporate finance transactions, including Regulation S and Rule 144A high-yield debt offerings, liability management transactions and syndicated credit facilities.
Sam's practice focuses on corporate finance transactions with a particular emphasis on high-yield debt offerings. She regularly acts for public and private corporations, private equity sponsors, financial institutions and private capital providers on leveraged transactions involving high-yield debt offerings and commitment financing processes. Sam has experience working on the syndicated loan side of transactions as well as liability management transactions, including debt exchange and tender offers. She also represents corporations in connection with complex cross-border corporate and securities law matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for the issuer, Georgia Global Utilities JSC, a portfolio company of Georgia Capital, on the issuance of USD 250 million 7.75% covenanted guaranteed green bonds due 2025. The transaction represented the first green bond issuance out of Georgia.
- Acting for the initial purchasers in connection with the issuance by VTR Finance N.V. and VTR Comunicaciones SpA, subsidiaries of Liberty Latin America, of USD 550 million aggregate principal amount of 6.375% senior notes due 2028 and USD 600 million aggregate principal amount of 5.125% senior secured notes due 2028, respectively.
- Acting for the joint lead managers in connection with the issuance by VEON of RUB 20 billion (USD 290 million) aggregate principal amount of 6.3% senior unsecured notes due 2025 under its Global Medium Term Note program.
- Acting for a leading investment bank in connection with the private placement add-on of USD 90 million of 6.750% senior secured notes due 2027 by LCPR Senior Secured Financing Designated Activity Company in connection with Liberty Communications PR Holding LP’s USD 1.95 billion acquisition of AT&T’s operations in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
- Acting for the arrangers and dealers on the establishment of a USD 6.5 billion Global Medium Term Note programme by VEON, a leading global provider of connectivity and internet services.
- Acting for Impala Platinum Holdings Limited with respect to the financing arrangements for its acquisition of North American Palladium, with a deal value of approximately CAD 1 billion.
- Acting for the initial purchasers on the USD 2.1 billion (equivalent) dual-tranche high yield bond offering by certain subsidiaries of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, comprised of a USD 1 billion 7.125% five-year tranche and a EUR 1 billion 6.000% five-year tranche. Advised the dealer managers on the concurrent 3 tiered priority-acceptance tender offer to purchase up to USD 1.5 billion of certain of its other outstanding bonds.
- Acting for the initial purchasers in connection with the issuance by Cabot Financial (Luxembourg) II S.A. of EUR 400 million aggregate principal amount of senior secured floating rate notes due 2024.
Notable transactions completed by Sam prior to joining the firm include:
- Represented Hellman & Friedman and GIC in connection with the bridge to bond financing of their acquisition of Allfunds Bank (including the offering of EUR 575 million senior secured PIK toggle notes), with a deal value of approximately EUR 1.8 billion. This deal was the first-ever high-yield bond issuance by a standalone fund distribution platform business and shortlisted for IFLR's High Yield Deal of the Year.
- Represented Virgin Media Inc. and certain of its subsidiaries in connection with the first-ever issuance of GBP 350 million receivables financing notes by an Irish special purpose vehicle. The deal was uniquely structured as a modified securitization and won IFLR’s High Yield Deal of the Year in 2017.
- Ontario~Canada (2017)
- New York (2016)
- University of Toronto (JD) (2015)
- University of Toronto (M.S.C.) (2012)
- Queen's University (BSc) (2010)
- Greer, S. (2015) "Mi casa es su casa: Van Breda as the house rule for global securities class actions in Ontario." Canadian Class Action Review, 11(1): 125.
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.