Melissa focuses her practice on intellectual property disputes involving patent, trademark, and trade secret litigation. Her experience includes evaluating and counseling clients in intellectual property rights, advising on various aspects of litigation, and drafting motions and briefs.
Melissa has extensive federal court experience, having served as a law clerk to the Hon. Christine A. Nowak of the Eastern District of Texas and as a judicial intern to the Hon. K. Nicole Mitchell of the Eastern District of Texas and the Hon. Harwell G. Davis, III of the Northern District of Alabama. Her experience further includes time as a biomedical research scientists, working in the areas of microbiolgy and molecular genetics.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Honorable Nancy F. Atlas Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
- State Bar of Texas, Intellectual Property Section
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- Association of Former Law Clerks of the Eastern District of Texas
- PTAB Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas~United States (2016)
- Texas~United States (2015)
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D.) (2015)
- University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston (M.S.) (2010)
- University of Texas, San Antonio (B.S.) (2007)