Robert A. Grauman practices corporate and securities law. His practice also includes public and private offerings, public company reporting and governance issues, as well as general corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions. He has written several articles related to his area of practice for various publications, including "The Painful Process of Opening Doors for American Investors" for The Financial Times. Mr. Grauman is a member of the American Bar Association, Section on Business Law and the New York State Bar Association, Sections on Business Law and on Health Care Law.
Mr. Grauman has extensive experience in cross-border securities offerings and the representation of foreign private issuers in connection with US securities, governance and compliance matters. He has also represented issuers in offerings of equity, straight debt and hybrid securities, as well as equity and debt self-tenders. His practice also includes mergers and acquisitions, including negotiated transactions and tender offers. He also helped in the formation of alliances between a major international health care company and biotechnology companies seeking strategic partners.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representation of Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA in connection with its successful senior note offerings aggregating USD3.05 billion principal amount and EUR1.8 billion principal amount from July 2007 to date.
- Representation of Tonsun International in connection with its participation in the going private acquisition of the outstanding minority interest in Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Company.
- Representation of the FCMI Financial Corporation in connection with SEC reporting and compliance activities relating to their US-listed company investments.
- Representation of a major transportation equipment leasing company in connection with its USD375 million amended and restated combined revolving and term loan credit facility and related refinancing of USD200 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes.
- Representation of Pilgrim’s Pride in the hostile tender offer and subsequent negotiated merger with Gold Kist Inc. to create the world’s largest chicken company.
- Representation of Virbac SA in its going private tender offer for all of the minority interest in its US subsidiary, Virbac Corporation.
- Representation of Fresenius Medical Care AG in connection with all US securities law aspects of its conversion from a stock corporation (Aktiengesellschaft) into a partnership limited by shares (Kommanditgesellschaft auf Aktien), including solicitation of shareholder approval, exchange offer of ordinary shares for preference shares and New York Stock Exchange listing of the new company.
- Representation of A-Power Energy Generation Systems Ltd. in USD40 million convertible note and warrant PIPE offering and follow-on Securities Act registration.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Health Law Section
- American Bar Association - Business Law Section
- New York~United States (1974)
- Columbia Law School (J.D.) (1973)
- State University of New York at Stony Brook (B.A. magna cum laude) (1970)