Antonia is a recognized immigration lawyer specializing in both corporate and personal immigration, including citizenship matters. Antonia’s client base is drawn from a broad range of industries internationally, from start-up businesses to multinationals. Her work covers industry sectors such as law firms, investment banks, airline leasing companies, auction houses, high-end fashion houses and restaurants.
Antonia has managed a number of cross-border projects particularly across Asia Pacific. This has included transferring staff globally and coordinating all aspects of international transfers, as well as the movement of dependent family members.
Antonia also handles a wide range of immigration options for high-net-worth individuals applying for permanent residence or citizenship in the UK, Ireland and Hong Kong, and advises investors and entrepreneurs on long-term options for establishing start-up businesses or moving teams of staff in those jurisdictions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted several senior executives to regularize immigration status in Hong Kong where there had been allegations of illegal working.
- Handled multijurisdictional projects to move engineers into various regions of Asia for an international car manufacturer client.
- Advised high-profile auction houses on permissible activities for business visitors from China and handled a number of employment visa applications for seasonal auction/exhibitions.
- Advised and handled annual staff rotation programs for airline leasing company covering Hong Kong, China and Singapore.
- Advised on business visitor due diligence across 11 jurisdictions of Asia for a leading investment bank. This project involved working with local counsel in relevant jurisdictions, analyzing and disseminating advice in required house style/format for the client.
- Advised a multinational packaging manufacturing company on the impact of Brexit and provided detailed advice/workshops and video sessions for EU staff workforce of around 1000.
- Handled several enquiries and spoken on webinars for BNO citizens applying under the extended BNO visa scheme for moving to the UK, including complex queries regarding dependent family members falling outside of the immigration rules and complex queries on British nationality options for children.
- Handled a range of personal immigration queries for high-net-worth individuals in both the UK and Hong Kong, including spouse visa applications, naturalization, permanent residence, investor visas, entrepreneurs and nationality queries.
- Handled visa matters for several high-profile senior executives on tight deadlines and in sensitive circumstances.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Law Society of Hong Kong – Member
- The Law Society of England and Wales – Member
- The Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association – Member
- The Law Society of Ireland – Member
- Ireland (Solicitor) (2018)
- Hong Kong (2017)
- England & Wales (2007)