Alastair has 18 years' experience representing financial institutions, financial investors and corporates in cross-border leveraged finance, private credit, funds finance, real estate finance and corporate finance.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Alastair worked for a Magic Circle law firm in Australia, UK and Brazil and advises on both Australian and English law.
Representative Legal Matters
- The lead arrangers of a Term Loan B acquisition financing for EG Group's A$1.7 billion acquisition of Woolworth’s petrol station business.
- A Chinese state-backed consortium on their acquisition financing to acquire the Nature’s Care health business.
- OCP Asia, an Asian credit fund, on its subscription of notes for the acquisition financing out of administration of National Plant & Equipment Pty Ltd, an Australian equipment company.
- Fortress on margin lending to an Asian hedge fund backed by shares listed on the London Stock Exchange and on Nasdaq.
- The lead arrangers on the take-private acquisition financing for a consortium of Chinese investors led by Hopu and Hillhouse to acquire the Singapore listed GLP for US$18 billion from Blackstone.
- CVC Capital Partners on the financing of its privatisation of the Hong Kong listed Nirvana Asia Ltd.
- Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC on their financing to acquire National Lifestyle Villages.
- Affinity Equity Partners on their acquisition financing to acquire just over one-third of the Velocity Frequent Flyer programme from Virgin Australia.
- Apollo on a pan-European buy out of distressed real estate financings and securitisations from Credit Suisse.
- Goldman Sachs and the International Finance Corporation on the acquisition financing of a Middle Eastern oil and gas service company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Asia Pacific Loan Markets Association (APLMA) - Committee Member
- AIMA/Alternative Credit Council (ACC) - Committee Member
- Loan Markets Association (LMA) - Member
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA) - Member
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member