Alastair has 18 years' experience representing financial institutions, financial investors and corporates in cross-border leveraged finance, corporate finance, private credit, funds finance and real estate finance.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in 2019, Alastair worked for a Magic Circle law firm in Australia, UK and Brazil and advises on both Australian and English law.
Representative Legal Matters
- HSBC as sole capital structuring and sustainable finance advisor, on the AU1.5 billion multi-currency syndicated sustainability linked loan facility for Ramsay Health Care, along with the other arranging banks, NAB, MUFG and CBA and a wider lending syndicate of more than 20 global financial institutions.
- Barclays and other lead arrangers on a Term Loan B acquisition financing for EG Group's A$1.7 billion acquisition of Woolworth's petrol station business.
- Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC on their real estate financing to acquire National Lifestyle Villages.
- A Chinese state-backed consortium on their acquisition financing to acquire the Nature's Care health business.
- OCP Asia, an Asian credit fund, on several complex debt and equity distressed financings in Australia.
- Fortress Investment Group, a global investment manager, on several complex debt financings including margin lending to an Asian hedge fund backed by shares listed on the London Stock Exchange and on Nasdaq.
- The lead arrangers on the take-private acquisition financing for a consortium of Chinese investors led by Hopu and Hillhouse to acquire the Singapore listed GLP for US$18 billion from Blackstone.
- Honan Holdings on all aspects of its debt programme, including a refinance of Honan's more than $500 million of senior debt facilities and subordinated notes.
- HSBC on a number of property financings for the acquisition of commercial properties in Australia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Asia Pacific Loan Markets Association (APLMA) - Committee Member
- AIMA/Alternative Credit Council (ACC) - Committee Member
- Loan Markets Association (LMA) - Member
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA) - Member
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member