Richard Gough has been working with market-leading companies for over 25 years, handling their trade mark, patent, copyright and trade secrets litigation, disputes, enforcement, and related issues. In Chambers Global 2013, Richard was described as "very important in helping [the client] figure out the right way to handle matters."
Representative Legal Matters
Acting for a leading global cosmetics company in litigation against a major Australian retail chain over the sale of alleged counterfeit products.
Acting for a major trading company in patent and trade secret litigation related to low latency technology.
Acting for a leading global entertainment company to stop sales of and destroy over a million units of counterfeit products.
Defending patent proceedings for a major telecommunications carrier regarding mobile network technology.
Representing a leading global pump company in patent litigation concerning rainwater technology.
Acting for an Australian university defending moral rights litigation in the Federal Court and the Supreme Court of Queensland.
Acted for Harley-Davidson in a motorcycle store infringement case.
Advised Kellogg in trade mark opposition in cereal context.
Assisted Mars in stopping abuse of names by a cybersquatter.
Acted for Rolls-Royce in an infringement case involving golf buggies using the famous grille.
- Key Individual - Intellectual Property, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2014
- Silver band ranking, World Trademark Review 1000, 2014
- Leading Individual - Intellectual Property: Trade Mark and Copyright, Chambers Global, 2008-2014
- Leading Individual - Intellectual Property: Trade Mark and Copyright, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2011- 2014
- Leading Individual - Intellectual Property, Asia Pacific Legal 500, 2008-2014
- Best Lawyer - Intellectual Property, Best Lawyers: Australia, 2008-2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia & New Zealand
- Victoria~Australia (1990)
- New South Wales~Australia (1989)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1985)
- College of Law, Chester (S.F.E.) (1983)
- University of Hull (Post Graduate Certificate of Education) (1978)
- College of Law, Chester (CPE) (1982)
- University of Leeds (B.A.) (1977)