Dr. Heiko Gotsche is a partner in the Firm's Dusseldorf office. He has extensive experience in advising clients on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions as well as on corporate law matters. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Heiko worked for the Dusseldorf, London and Frankfurt offices of Hengeler Mueller. He is ranked by JUVE and Legal 500 as recommended lawyer in the area of M&A. JUVE describes him as a "top performer" (Leistungsträger).
Heiko's practice focuses on public and private M&A transactions, corporate law matters and reorganizations. He advises German and international clients, including listed as well as family-owned companies, private equity investors, financial institutions and high-net-worth individuals.
Representative Legal Matters
At the Firm, he:
Advised Accenture on several acquisitions.
Advised Deutsche Beteiligungs AG on its investment in R&M International GmbH and Kraft & Bauer.
Advised Grünenthal on the acquisition of Adhesys Medical Group.
Advised ZF Friedrichshafen on the sale of Cherry business unit.
Advised Permira/GFKL Lowell on acquisition of Tesch Group and on acquisition of IS Group Management GmbH.
Advised Tengelmann on the reorganisation of its business in Eastern Europe.
Advised owners of Fragrance Resources on the sale to IFF.
Before he joined the Firm, Heiko:
Advised on the IPO of Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG.
Advised Dürr AG on its takeover offer for Homag Group AG and subsequent integration measures.
Advised Porsche Automobil Holding SE on the integration of the Porsche automobile business into Volkswagen AG.
- 40 under 40, Juve, 2019
- Best Lawyers in Germany 2019 for M&A, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
- Name of the next generation - M&A national and international mid-cap deals, Legal 500 Germany | 2018 & 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Bar Association - Member
- VGR-Gesellschaftsrechtliche Vereinigung - Member
- Germany (2009)
- London School of Economics (LSE) (LL.M.) (2010)
- University of Muenster (Dr. jur.) (2008)
- Court of Appeal, Cologne (Second State Exam) (2008)
- University of Muenster (First State Exam) (2005)
- University of Paris II (Panthéon-Assas) (2003)
Co-author, "Die deutsche Rechtsprechung zur SE," ZIP, 2013, 649
Author, "Der BGH im Wettbewerb der Zivilrechtsordnungen," Nomos Verlag, 2009, Auflage 1