Dr. Heiko Gotsche is a partner in the Firm's Dusseldorf office. He has extensive experience in advising clients on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions as well as on corporate law matters. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Dr. Gotsche worked for the Dusseldorf, London and Frankfurt offices of Hengeler Mueller.
Dr. Gotsche's practice focuses on public and private M&A transactions, corporate law matters and reorganizations. He advises German and international clients, which include listed as well as family-owned companies, private equity investors, banks and high-net-worth individuals.
Representative Legal Matters
At the Firm, he:
Advised owners of Fragrance Resources on sale to IFF.
Advised DBAG on acquisition of stake in R&M International GmbH.
Advised ZF Friedrichshafen on sale of Cherry business unit.
Advised GFKL on acquisition of Tesch Group and on acquisition of IS Group Management GmbH.
Before Dr. Gotsche joined the Firm, he:
- Advised on the IPO of Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG.
- Advised Sky plc on its takeover offer for Sky Deutschland AG and subsequent integration measures.
- Advised Dürr AG on its takeover offer for Homag Group AG and subsequent integration measures.
- Advised Porsche Automobil Holding SE on the integration of the Porsche automobile business into Volkswagen AG.
- Advised Apollo on its acquisition of a 50 percent stake in Rickmers (shipping) and on its acquisition of TAG Gewerbeimmobilien GmbH.
- Advised ATU on its financial restructuring by means of a pre-pack administration.
- Germany (2009)
- London School of Economics (LSE) (LL.M.) (2010)
- University of Muenster (Dr. jur.) (2008)
- Court of Appeal, Cologne (Second State Exam) (2008)
- University of Muenster (First State Exam) (2005)
- University of Paris II (Panthéon-Assas) (2003)