Nadia Goreslavskaya is a partner in the Moscow office of Baker McKenzie. Nadia heads Antitrust & Competition Practice Group in Russia. She has considerable experience in competition advisory work, merger control, foreign investments and joint venture counselling and filing, contention and non-contentious competition law matters, general antitrust compliance and internal audits.
Nadia's industry focus is Technology & Telecommunications, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Mining, Industrials and other.
Representative Legal Matters
Merger Control and Joint Ventures
- Advised VTB Capital on the acquisition of 100% of shares in InfoTeKS Internet Trust JSC, which is an accredited certification center and provides a range of services in the field of legally significant electronic document management, electronic reporting and accounting automation.
- Represented a multinational oil & gas company in connection with a major upstream oil and gas joint venture with the leading Russian oil & gas producer in the continental shelf with regard to the Russian merger control and foreign investment analysis and clearances.
- Represented a US technology company in advanced communication solutions in a lawsuit against the Israeli satellite company that was reviewed by the Delaware Court of Chancery with respect to Russian merger control and foreign investments law issues.
- Represented Monsanto, global agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology company before the Russian antitrust authorities in its US$ 66 billion sale to Bayer, multinational life sciences and crop protection company; successfully negotiating clearance conditions with the Russian antitrust regulator and other state bodies involved following Phases I-III review by the regulator.
- Assisted a major multinational telecom company in merger control and regulatory work relating to an over US$ 80 billion acquisition of the world’s largest mass media and entertainment company; securing unconditional clearance of the antitrust authority in Russia.
Competition Disputes and Compliance
- Represented an American multinational technology company providing internet search, cloud solution and delivering online content services before the Russian antitrust authority in the antitrust case opened against the Client's video hosting business on the alleged abuse of dominance matter.
- Represented a global consumer products company offering a broad portfolio of leading brands before the Russian antitrust regulator in connection with the regulator's information requests into the Client's sale of its battery and portable lighting business to a multinational power and portable lighting manufacturer.
- Represented the leading multinational consumer electronics and software manufacturer before the Russian antitrust authority in an abuse of dominance case followed by a series of extensive information requests from the regulator triggered by a complaint of Russian app developer alleging abuse of dominance on the part of the client. Investigation raises complex issues of digital platforms' operation with a "player" and "referee" role at the same time.
- Assisted a global consumer electronics company in Russian antitrust proceedings prompted by a complaint alleging massive coordination among retailers to fix resale prices.Assisted the same client with other competition proceedings, which focused on the alleged abuse of market dominance in the aftersales markets.
- Highly ranked in Competition/Antitrust by Chambers Europe, Global Competition Review's GCR 100, Who is Who Legal, The Legal 500 and Best Lawyers editions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Russian antitrust regulator's (FAS') several Expert Counsels
- Association of Antitrust Experts in Russia
- Non-Commercial Partnership for Competition Support in the CIS
- American Bar Association
- Association of European Businesses in Russia
- Russia (2001)
- Financial Academy (2012)
- Moscow State University of International Relations (2001)