Antoni Goraj is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Warsaw office who specializes in banking and finance law. A member of the Warsaw Bar of Legal Advisors, he co-authored the best lawsuit in the Lewiatan Arbitration Moot Court, a competition for legal advisor trainees, in 2012.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, he practiced in various international law firms.
Mr. Goraj’s practice focuses on financing, acquisition finance and project finance, as well as refinancing and restructuring of existing debts, issue of bonds, securitization of receivables. He has participated in the preparation and implementation of various structures involving closed-end investment funds.
He also advises on public trading in financial instruments, including transfers of shares in listed companies and related notification requirements, mergers, acquisitions, and asset and share deals. He has experience in the legal aspects of restructuring of capital groups, including listed companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a German bank in the cross-border acquisition of a Polish company and establishment of a non-banking branch in Poland.
- Acted for a Polish bank in the preparation and negotiation of agreements for securitization of non-performing loan and factoring receivables.
- Advised a private equity fund on the acquisition of a shopping mall (asset deal) in Poland.
- Advised on the restructuring of a leasing companies group.
- Advised Polish municipalities on financing provided by EIB and EBRD.
- Acted for an investor in due diligence procedure of a Polish major mobile phone network operator.
- Warsaw~Poland (2013)
- Jagiellonian University (Master of Laws) (2009)