Ana is a special counsel in Baker McKenzie's Sydney office. She has extensive experience representing banks, financial institutions and corporates in multijurisdictional transactions, and was recommended by Legal 500 Latin America in 2013 and 2014.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Ana headed the corporate, banking and finance group of a Brazilian law firm. She was an associate in Trench Rossi e Watanabe Advogados (with whom the Firm has a strategic cooperation agreement) in Sao Paulo from 2000 to 2012, during which she also seconded to the Firm's Chicago office and Goldman Sachs Brazil.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a leading European renewable energy group in their Australian renewable energy projects, including an AUD multi million senior financing provided by European banks for the construction of a wind farm in Australia.
- Advising a major European real estate investment company on an AUD multi million junior financing for the acquisition of a commercial property in Sydney.
- Advising a leading renewable energy group on an AUD multi million financing for the construction of a solar farm in Australia.
- Acting for a global bank in a USD multi million financing granted by the Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES) for the setting up of a Bus Rapid Transit System in a FIFA World Cup host city.
- Acting for a major Brazilian electricity company in the construction and implementation of several wind power and sugarcane bagasse power plants in Brazil; negotiated connected financing arrangements with lenders.
- Representing an European multinational oil and gas company in connection with the USD multi million sale of a Brazilian gas distributor to a leading oil and gas company.
- Brazil (2004)
- IBMEC (LL.M. Capital and Financial Markets) (2010)
- King's College London (LL.M. International Finance) (2008)
- University of Sao Paulo (LL.B.) (2004)
- The Hague Academy of International Law (Private International Law)
- Centre of Research on International Negotiations (International Negotiations)