Dr. Stephan Götze is a member of the Public Law Practice Group in the Berlin office. He is author of numerous articles and publications on private construction law issues and regularly speaks at conferences and seminars. Dr. Götze focuses on contracting and advising public authorities in the process of procurement and negotiation of building contracts. Dr. Götze also represents both public authorities and contracting parties in adjudication and arbitration proceedings and proceedings before courts regarding supply and service contracts.
Dr. Götze focuses his practice on private construction law. He is experienced on advising public authorities conducting major construction projects in the fields of infrastructure and commercial building, especially in connection with the drafting and implementation of contracts based on German Construction Contract Procedures.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised public authorities on the design and conception of major construction projects in the fields of infrastructure and commercial buildings.
- Represented public authorities and national companies with respect to the purchase of comprehensive public supply and service contracts as well as public works contracts.
- Advised public authorities on the procurement and negotiation of building contracts.
- Advised and represented public authorities, and international and national companies on the defense against and the enforcement of supplementary claims, claims of disturbed construction sequences and claims of faulty construction.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Deutsche Vereinigung für Sportrecht (Konstanzer Arbeitskreis für Sportrecht) - Member
- Germany (2005)
- Fachanwalt für Bau- und Architektenrecht (Attorney Specializing in Construction & Architecture Law) (2014)
- University of Bayreuth (Dr. iur.) (2004)
- Higher Regional Court of Bamberg (Second State Exam) (1996)
- University of Bayreuth (First State Exam) (1994)