Fernando Godard is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Mexico City office. He mainly advises on mergers and acquisitions, corporate and contractual law, foreign investment, project finance, infrastructure and real estate. He is also knowledgeable about the different legal aspects involved in public procurement-related projects.
Mr. Godard has more than 13 years of experience with the Firm. Prior to re-joining the Mexico team, he was an associate in the Firm’s New York office for two years.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted Alliance Boots in its acquisition of Farmacias Ahumada S.A., a Chilean public company, and Farmacias Benavides SAB de CV, a Mexican public company.
- Assisted Nielsen in the implementation and structuring of its joint venture with IBOPE Media in six Latin American countries.
- Assisted Merck in the tender to acquire Bristol-Myers Squibb's over-the-counter products in Mexico.
- Assisted Emerging America in the drafting, negotiation and execution of a Turnkey Engineering, Procurement and Construction contract for a 110 MW power plant with Wartsila.
- Assisted ATCO Group in connection with its entry to the Mexican energy market and the preparation of the bid proposal for the Tula project; procured an open access natural gas transportation permit from the CRE; secured interconnection agreements with PEMEX; and assisted in filings before the Mexican Antitrust Commission and the execution of a Turnkey Permitting, Land Access, Design, Engineering, Procurement and Construction contract.
- Assisted Citelum, an EDF subsidiary, in the financing of public-private partnership (PPP) agreements with Actinver Bank and Multiva Bank.
- Assisted Virgin Mobile in the structure and launch of its Mexican operations as the first mobile virtual network (MVNO) operator in the country.
- Assisted Prada in the launch of its operations and stores in Mexico.
- Assisted BBVA in the sale of its participation in the Arcano private equity fund in Spain and New York.
- Assisted Darby Fund in the sale of its interest in Banco Leon in the Dominican Republic.
- Assisted Elsevier in its acquisition of SG-2 and its sale of IMNG.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- U.S.-Mexico Chamber of Commerce
- Columbia Latin American Business Law Association (CLABLA) - Former President
- Incubadora Mexicana de Ideas (IMDI)
- Mexico (2006)
- Columbia University School of Law (LL.M.) (2012)
- Universidad Anáhuac (Law Degree) (2006)
- New York