Aurelio Giovannelli is a partner in Baker McKenzie, Rome and a member of the Global and EMEA Compliance & Investigation steering committees. A partner in the Firm since 1989, he is also a former chair of the EMEA Compliance & Investigations Steering Committee. Mr. Giovannelli is author of various articles on topics of International Law published in various journals.
Mr. Giovannelli focuses on M&A and corporate law. He assists Italian and foreign clients in various industries in organizing and managing internal investigations, setting up internal compliance programs, assessing compliance with codes of conduct and the risks of involvement in corruption related crimes, among others.
Representative Legal Matters
Assisted Mattel Inc. in various restructuring processes over the past three years.
Assisted Mercedes Benz Roma in real estate management.
Assisted Laboratories Servier and the Italian companies of the Servier Group in compliance matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association
- Italian Association of Exchange Control and Foreign Trade Experts
- Rome Bar Association
- Italy (1982)
- Columbia University (LL.M.) (1987)
- Georgetown University Law Center (Orientation to the US Legal System) (1983)
- The Centre of English Studies, Oxford, England (Professional and Business Course) (1982)
- University of Rome (J.D.) (1979)