Glenn Gibson is an associate advising on complex litigation and arbitration matters. She is a member of Baker McKenzie's Litigation & Government Enforcement Practice Group in Toronto.
Glenn has a diverse civil litigation and arbitration practice with clients in the consumer goods, energy and mining, and transportation sectors. She is regularly engaged in specialized contract disputes and all manner of commercial matters, including negligence, misrepresentation, fraud, economic torts and shareholder rights disputes.
She has acted in multi-jurisdictional class proceedings involving allegations of anti-competitive activity and securities misrepresentations. Glenn works with Baker McKenzie's global team in executing cross-border legal strategies, including defence of concurrent class proceedings.
Glenn sits as a member of the board of directors of Young Canada Arbitration Practitioners. She has represented clients in international and domestic arbitrations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Counsel representing a Japanese electrical components manufacturer in multijurisdictional class proceedings involving alleged price-fixing.
- Counsel representing a Chinese mining company and its Canadian subsidiary in a securities class action.
- Counsel defending a multinational entity named in the Sino-Forest securities fraud class action (a CAD 9.2 billion claim - the largest to date in Canada).
- Counsel defending a foreign entity involved in a Canadian franchising, breach of contract and shareholders' rights dispute.
- Counsel prosecuting a shareholders rights dispute and Securities Act misrepresentation claim in an ad hoc international arbitration.
- Counsel on a multijurisdictional internal compliance investigation in relation to allegations of price-fixing and bid-rigging in the automotive sector.
- Counsel on a multijurisdictional internal compliance investigation in relation to business practices for a fuel cell and hydrogen production company.
- Counsel on a US railway in commercial arbitration concerning disputed tariff obligations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Ontario
- The Advocates Society - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution - Young & International (ICDR Y&I)
- Young Canadian Arbitration Practitioners - Board Member
- Ontario~Canada (2017)
- University of Toronto (JD Master of Global Affairs) (2016)
- McGill University (BA, Honors) (2011)
- Co-author, Insolvency and Contamination: Navigating Liabilities, 2020 18th Annual Review of Insolvency Law 329
- Co-author, "Courts Give the Green Light for Fraud-based Class Actions in Canadian Insolvency Proceedings" National Insolvency Review, Vol. 34, No. 3 (June 2017)
- Co-author, The Insolvency Review, Canada Chapter, November 18, 2020
- Co-author, Practical Law, Arbitration procedures and practice in Canada: Overview, June 1, 2020
- Contributor, Baker & McKenzie International Arbitration Yearbook