Massimo Giaconia has extensive experience in all aspects of tax law, as well as mergers and acquisitions. He has been the Italian representative in the Executive Committee of the International Fiscal Association (IFA) and now he is the chair of Finance Committee at IFA. Mr. Giaconia has authored several articles on taxation matters for a wide range of publications, and is a frequent lecturer for internal corporate training in various industrial companies and financial institutions. He also sits in the Boards of Statutory Auditors in major local and international companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Amplifon Group in connection with the acquisition of a UK Group.
- Advised Amplifon Group in connection with an acquisition in France.
- Advised Air Liquide Italia in restructuring its Italian subsidiaries.
- Advised Agusta Westland Group in setting up a UK and US tax structure in a joint venture with Bell.
- Advised Beretta Group in connection with a cross-border reorganization.
- Advised DiaSorin Group in connection with the acquisition of an Irish Group with operations in several EU Countries.
- Advised Zambon in connection with a cross-border merger.
- Advised Diesel in connection with a cross-border merger.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association
- Ordine Dottori Commercialisti
- Italy (1985)
- Bocconi University of Milan (Economics) (1983)
- Bocconi University of Milan (Ph.D. International Law of Economics)