Lauren is an associate in the Baker McKenzie Dispute Resolution team based in London. Lauren joined the Firm as a trainee in March 2018 and qualified into the Dispute Resolution Department in March 2020.
Lauren undertakes a broad spectrum of commercial litigation, advisory and general disputes work for clients in a range of sectors. In addition to experience in general commercial disputes, Lauren practices in a number of specialist areas, including product liability and compliance and investigations.
Lauren recently completed a six month client secondment to the legal team of a very large, multi-jurisdictional consumer goods client. During her secondment, Lauren helped guide the business through complex legal issues relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, assisted with the day to day management of litigation, and worked with external counsel in relation to follow-on damages claims. Lauren also assisted with the preparation of submissions to the European Commission on the implications of sustainability cooperation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a household name on pre-action strategy, the issuing of a claim and settlement negotiations in relation to a multi-million pound claim for breach of contract.
- Representing a Zimbabwean forestry company against the Republic of Zimbabwe before the High Court in connection with the enforcement of an award obtained against the State.
Product liability and operational risk
- Advising a leading medical device manufacturer defending a number of personal injury claims in the context of a High Court group action claim.
- Acting for a range of companies to defend and settle product liability claims (both at the pre-action and formal litigation stage).
- Advising on and assisting a leading toy manufacturer co-ordinate a multi-jurisdictional voluntary recall of toy products globally.
- Advising clients in a range of industries on product safety and compliance issues at various stages of the product life cycle (for example, advising household names in relation to potentially unsafe products, and the compliance of certain products with regulatory requirements).
Compliance and investigations
- Acting for a shipping company in relation to an investigation into allegations of corruption in its European operations.
- Acting for a FTSE listed transportation services company in relation to an investigation into alleged bribery and corruption involving engagement with the UK's Serious Fraud Office.
- Delivering training to a human rights charity on a pro bono basis on various topics, including persuasive legal writing.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- London Solicitors Litigation Association - Member
- Junior London Solicitors Litigation Association - Firm champion
Lauren is a leading member of the Firm's Pro Bono Committee, and acts as Pro Bono Coordinator for London's Dispute Resolution Department.
Lauren is a member of the Firm's Charity Committee and recently took part in a charity abseil down London's Broadgate tower (one of London's tallest buildings).
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2020)
- BPP (Legal Practice Course and Master of Laws (LL.M.) Programme) (2018)
- Peking University, Beijing, China (Master of Laws (LL.M.) Programme in Chinese Commercial and Civil Law) (2017)
- University of Reading (Law LLB) (2016)
- Hong Kong
- Co-author, "Modernized Product Liability Directive proposal finally arrives," Lexology, 30 October 2022
- Co-author, "UK Supreme Court rules no entitlement for consumers to an “absolute level of safety” in product liability case," Lexology, 8 July 2022
- Co-author, "UK publishes report on the impact of Artificial Intelligence on product safety," Lexology, 31 May 2022
- Co-author, "Separate product safety reform initiatives continue with no guarantee of alignment," Lexology, 30 November 2021
- Co-author, "A stronger product safety regime for the EU?" Lexology, 6 July 2021
- Co-author, "Progress on UK product safety - Soon to be fit for the 21st century?," Lexology, 16 March 2021