Lisa Parker Gates represents companies of all sizes in a variety of intellectual property matters. She is responsible for international trademark portfolios and polices marks globally. She also conducts trademark searching and clearance activities and represents trademark owners in matters before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Lisa advises clients on trademark and copyright infringement, licensing and IP matters in corporate deals.
Clients describe Lisa as no-nonsense, easy to work with and a true collaborator.
Representative Legal Matters
- Coordinate brand adoption and rebranding for Fortune 100 companies.
- Advise on a wide variety of advertising and marketing issues.
- Coordinate global enforcement strategies for widely copied trademarks.
- Help brand owners obtain trademark well-known status in many countries.
- Advise brand owners on protecting their trademarks as they launch new products and services.
- Collaborated with a global consulting firm to create an online due diligence tool for valuing intellectual property to be acquired.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- American Bar Association
- Illinois~United States (1999)
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D. cum laude)
- Miami University (Ohio) (B.A. English)
- Northwestern University [Medill School of Journalism] (M.S.J.)