Tom Gastrell is a senior associate in the Firm's Corporate Group in London. He has completed secondments with both Standard Chartered Bank and Telefónica Digital as well as a 12-month placement in the Sydney office.
Tom is primarily focused on acquisitions, disposals, investments and joint venture/shareholder arrangements for private equity funds and other corporate clients. In addition, he advises clients on corporate restructurings and general corporate matters. A large proportion of Tom's work is in relation to cross-border or multi-country transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Ideal Standard on the refinancing and acquisition by Anchorage Capital Group and CVC Credit Partners.
- Advised Ideal Standard on the sale of its manufacturing business at Roccasecca, Italy to Saxa Grestone.
- Advised Stryker on the acquisition of Imorphics, a UK-based company specialising in 3D medical imaging.
- Advised MMC Ventures, TCG and management on the sale of Base 79, the digital video business to Rightster.
- Advised Telefónica Digital on a joint venture with GSO (Blackstone's credit fund) to own and operate a digital and mobile advertising exchange platform under the name Axonix.
- Advised Pinpoint Travel (a Mastercard company) on the sale of its wholesale travel business to Freestyle Travel.
- Advised Fender on the acquisition of the Fender distribution business in Australia.
- Advised Avis Budget Group on the acquisition of its Polish licensee Jupol-Car.
- Advised a private equity house in its acquisition of a leading mobile application software provider.
- Advised Dexela (an X-ray and imaging specialist) on its sale to PerkinElmer.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2011)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.