Rustam Gasimov is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Baku office and a member of the Firm’s Dispute Resolution Practice Group.
Mr. Gasimov focuses his practice on dispute resolution, employment, antitrust, regulatory and anti-counterfeiting matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a global manufacturer of consumer products in ongoing tax and advertisement disputes.
- Represented a major construction consulting company in the tax litigation case.
- Acted for a global consulting and outsourcing services company in a criminal case involving tax evasion charges.
- Acted for a distributor of a global manufacturer of consumer products in litigation resulting in cancellation of an approximately USD2 million fine imposed by the State Service for Antimonopoly Policy and Protection of Consumers’ Rights.
- Advised a major local construction company in legal proceedings against its supplier.
- Represented a local investment company in lawsuit for damages in the amount of approximately AZN12 million against its partners in local company.
- Represented a global IT company in labor dispute of its employee seeking reinstatement.
- Represented a major cement production company in dispute involving the wrongful land allocation against the competent state authority.
- Advised and represented a multinational consultancy, engineering and project management company in simultaneous criminal investigation and tax dispute.
- Advised a foreign oil and gas company on enforcement proceedings and employment-related matter involving personal injury elements.
- Azerbaijan (2009)
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (IIT) (LL.M. U.S., International and Transnational Law) (2017)
- Baku State University (LL.B.) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss verein.