Jaime focuses his practice on administrative and regulatory consultancy for the manufacturing, import, distribution, advertising, labeling, commercialization and post-market vigilance of diverse group of products. These include medicines, medical devices, cosmetics, food and beverages, seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, chemicals, alcohol and tobacco.
He also has experience in the dispute resolution fields, which contributes to avoid and control possible adverse outcomes in administrative procedures.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a pharmaceutical company on the regulatory issues that emerge from entering the Mexican market.
- Advised an US company to build a regulatory strategy regarding permits for genetically modified organisms.
- Advised a French cosmetic company on a Latin American regional project to identify regulatory barriers.
- Defended a US food supplement company on challenging a fine imposed by COFEPRIS for alleged irregular advertising.
- Advised an Asian tobacco company on regulatory issues related to entering the Mexican market.
- Advised a Mexican entrepreneur on the regulatory implications of launching an app for improving mental health.
- Mexico (2015)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mexico (Advance Course in Administrative Law)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mexico (Law Degree with Honors)