Millie's focus is on restructuring and insolvency with a background in dispute resolution and commercial litigation.
She has extensive experience in acting on behalf of and advising insolvency practitioners, secured and unsecured creditors and stakeholders on contentious and non-contentious issues including the PPSA and Corporations legislation. Her experience includes complex and high-profile administrations and receiverships and spans a broad range of industries and sectors including wine, retail, manufacturing, automotive and transport and financial services.
Millie has litigation experience in jurisdictions across Australia.
Representative Legal Matters
During the course of her career, Millie has:
- Acted for and advised the deed administrators (and previously, administrators) of McWilliam's Wines Group Ltd and Mount Pleasant Wines Pty Ltd on all aspects of the administration including the DOCA and Creditors' Trust, sale of the businesses as going concerns, re-negotiation of supply agreements and creditors claims.
- Acted for a global motor vehicle financier in its appointment of receivers and advising both the financier and receivers against other motor vehicle financiers in a complex PPSA priority dispute.
- Acted for several international trade suppliers of household appliances and whitegoods in the administration and subsequent liquidation of national retail chains in various sets of complex proceedings involving vesting, retention of title and PPSA.
- Acted for the liquidators of a UK manufacturer and supplier of haulage to national supermarket chains and its Australian related entities in relation to the administration.
- Acted for a secured creditor of a national manufacturer and supplier of resin in court proceedings appealing the liquidators' decision as to its security interest.
- Acted for a statutory authority and lessor in relation to a DOCA and Supreme Court proceedings initiated by it seeking relief.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association - Member
- Australian Institute of Credit Management - Member
- High Court of Australia (2002)
- New South Wales~Australia (2000)
- University of Technology Sydney (Bachelor of Laws - Hons) (2002)
- Author, 'Enforcing Security Under the PPSA,' Thomson Reuters, September 2020
- Author, 'Case Study: Enforcing PPSA Security Interests and Real Property Mortgages,' Thomson Reuters, September 2020
- Author, 'Checklist - PPSA Enforcement Rules: Do They Apply?,' Thomson Reuters, September 2020
- Author, 'Checklist - PPSA Enforcement Provisions: Who Ranks First ?,' Thomson Reuters, September 2020