Alexandra Garg is an associate in the Baker McKenzie Zurich office and a member of the Firm's Tax and Global Wealth Management practice groups in that office.
Alexandra has published several articles on cross-border employment and international tax developments, and has contributed to a number of the Firm's publications. She has been a frequent speaker in webinars on corporate taxation and remote working.
Alexandra's practice focuses particularly on tax dispute resolution, national and international corporate taxation, tax planning and value-added tax matters.
Alexandra also advises high net worth individuals and their families on trust structuring and wealth management. She serves clients on the tax and social security implications of cross-border employment and remote working.
She completed her studies at the University of Zurich in 2017 with a special focus on tax law and joined the Firm thereafter. Alexandra was admitted to the Swiss bar in 2020 has been pursuing an additional degree as a certified tax advisor (dipl. Steuerexpertin) since 2019.
Having familiar ties to three countries, Alexandra has a strong international mindset. She is particularly interested in business relations between Switzerland and India and is a member of the Swiss-Indian Chamber of Commerce.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Zur Rose Group AG on the issue of CHF 95 million convertible bonds and CHF 44 million capital increase through an accelerated bookbuilding
- Advised edyn hospitality group on its acquisition of Hotel Ascot in Zurich
- Advised a privately held investment company in the sale of a real estate portfolio consisting of five commercial properties
- Switzerland Tax Disputes Firm of the Year, ITR EMEA Awards (2022)
- Switzerland Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year, ITR EMEA Awards (2022)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- Swiss-Indian Chamber of Commerce
- WIN - Women In Tax, Switzerland
- Switzerland (2020)
- University of Zurich (MLaw) (2017)
- University of Zurich (BLaw) (2015)
- Co-author (with Nathan Bouvier, Andrea Bolliger and Susanne Liebel-Kotz), Wirtschaftsrecht 2022 - Trends & Entwicklungen, Schulthess Juristische Medien AG, Zürich / Genf 2022
- Co-author (with Susanne Liebel-Kotz), "Zusammenspiel von Kapitaleinlagereserven und Verlustvorträgen bei Zuzug - ein fiskalistisches Cherry Picking seitens der ESTV?", ExpertFocus 10/2022, S. 474-476 f.
- Co-author (with Susanne Liebel-Kotz), "DAC 7, Volume 2, Joint Audits und ihre Relevanz für die Schweiz," ExpertFocus Februar 2022, S. 47 f.
- Author, "Entwicklungen im schweizerischen Wirtschaftsrecht 2017/2018," Schulthess Juristische Medien AG, 2018
- Author, "Behandlung von Trusts unter dem Common Reporting Standard Archiv für Schweizerisches Abgaberecht," (ASA) 87, Nr. 1-2, 2018