Brenda Garcilita is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Tax Practice Group in Guadalajara. She joined the Firm's Transfer Pricing Sub-Practice Group in 2010 and she was in the Associate Training Program (ATP) in the Chicago office during 2017 and 2018.
Brenda's practice focuses on transfer pricing matters, including compliance, benchmarking analysis, transfer pricing audits, APA procedures, financial valuations and business restructurings in Mexico and across Latin America. She has participated in transactions in the food, apparel, retail, technology, electronics and services industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised multinational companies on compliance with tax obligations in transfer pricing matters.
- Assisted in developing defense strategies for transfer pricing dispute resolutions.
- Advised several clients in financial valuation of companies, tangible and intangible assets.
- Represented top clients in advance price agreements (unilateral and bilateral).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- College of Chartered Accountants of Guadalajara - Transfer Pricing Committee
- She actively participated in the program COMPASS of Youth Rights Resources where information on COVID assistance is provided to adolescents in different countries.
- She participates along with Voluntarios Mexico in volunteering activities to support an association that meets the educational and nutritional needs of children from 1 to 6 years old.
- Mexico (2010)
- NYU Stern School of Business (Advanced Valuation Certificate) (2018)
- Universidad de Nebrija (Diploma in Transfer Pricing) (2013)
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey ITESM (Bachelor in Finance) (2012)
- Co-author, "WCO Publishes the Guide to Customs Valuation and Transfer Pricing for Multinational Enterprises,"
- Co-author, "SAT Intensifies Transfer Pricing Revisions through Invitation Letter,"
- Co-author, "Bloomberg Tax. Transfer Pricing Forum Summer 2019: Mexico"
- Co-author, "Bloomberg Tax. Transfer Pricing Forum Spring 2019: Mexico"