Andrea C. Garcia-Suarez is an associate in the Firm's Tax Practice Group in Monterrey. Before joining the Firm in 2011, Andrea worked as a law clerk in the areas of labor, migratory, mercantile and corporate law and as auxiliary lawyer for the electoral court in Nuevo Leon.
Andrea focuses her practice on tax, administrative and constitutional matters. She has participated in the defense of taxpayers against unconstitutional tax laws, as well as against the actions of tax authorities in the exercise of their review and enforcement powers. She has also assisted clients in dealing with tax audits, tax compliance and tax refund requests and, when appropriate, in tax litigations, dispute resolution or amnesty requests, among others. She has provided professional services to national and multinational corporations, consolidated groups and companies that are part of the manufacturing sector, among others.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised national and international clients in relation to federal, state and local tax law.
- Assisted various clients in tax and administrative audits, including those initiated by local or federal authorities regarding all types of contributions.
- Designed legal defense strategies for clients who have been imposed with tax credits by authorities due to alleged omissions in their contribution payments.
- Represented various companies in amparo actions against unconstitutional reforms regarding Mexican tax laws.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Santos Theriot Inn Chapter of the Honor Legal Society Phi-Delta-Phi - Member
- Monterrey Barrister Inn of the Honor Legal Society Phi-Delta-Phi - Commissioner of Ethics, Legal Firms
- Juvenile Council of the Consulate of the United States of America in Monterrey, Nuevo León - Member
- International Program of the Blackstone Legal Fellowship organization in Phoenix, Arizona and Santiago, Chile - Member
- Mexico (2013)
- Universidad de Monterrey (Bachelor of Laws magna cum laude) (2012)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (Law Research Center) (2012)