Andrea C. García is an associate in the Firm's Tax Practice Group in Monterrey. Before joining the Firm in 2011, Andrea worked as a law clerk in the areas of labor, migratory, mercantile and corporate law and as auxiliary lawyer for the electoral court in Nuevo Leon.
Andrea focuses her practice on tax, administrative and constitutional matters. She has participated in the defense of taxpayers against unconstitutional tax laws, as well as against the actions of tax authorities in the exercise of their review and enforcement powers. She has also assisted clients in dealing with tax audits, tax compliance and tax refund requests and, when appropriate, in tax litigations, dispute resolution or amnesty requests, among others. She has provided professional services to national and multinational corporations, consolidated groups and companies that are part of the consumer goods and retail as well as manufacturing sector, among others.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised national and international clients in relation to federal, state and local tax law.
- Assisted various clients in tax and administrative audits, including those initiated by local or federal authorities regarding all types of contributions.
- Designed legal defense strategies for clients who have been imposed with tax credits by authorities due to alleged omissions in their contribution payments.
- Represented various companies in amparo actions against unconstitutional reforms regarding Mexican tax laws.
- "Santiago Roel Melo" award on behalf of the Colegio de Abogados de Monterrey, A.C., July 2013
- "Amina Irma Treviño" award on behalf of the Colegio de Ciencias Jurídicas en Nuevo León, A.C., July 2013
- "Carlos Francisco Cisneros Ramos" award on behalf of the Centro de Investigaciones Jurídicas Martínez Arrieta, June 2013
- 6th Generation “Honor Program” Graduate of the Universidad de Monterrey, December 2012
- "Best Alumni of the Baccaulaureate in Law of the Universidad de Monterrey" acknowledgement on behalf of the Asociación Nacional de Especialistas Fiscales (ANEFAC), May 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mexican Bar Association, Member
- Santos Theriot Inn Chapter of the Honor Legal Society Phi-Delta-Phi - Member
- Monterrey Barrister Inn of the Honor Legal Society Phi-Delta-Phi - Commissioner of Ethics, Legal Firms
- Juvenile Council of the Consulate of the United States of America in Monterrey, Nuevo León - Member
- International Program of the Blackstone Legal Fellowship organization in Phoenix, Arizona and Santiago, Chile - Member
- Global Resource List of Articles on Covid-19 Effects on Detained Children (2020)
- Covid-19 Effects on Children in Detention (2020)
- Legal Atlas for Street Children (2018)
- Mexico (2013)
- Universidad de Monterrey (Bachelor of Laws, magna cum laude) (2012)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (Law Research Center) (2012)
- Universidad de Monterrey (Masters' Degree Business Law) (2019)
- Author, “Condiciones que deben presentarse para deducir los gastos efectuados en el extranjero a prorrata por quienes no son contribuyentes del Impuesto sobre la Renta conforme a los Títulos II o IV de la Ley respectiva,” Universidad de Monterrey, December 2019
- Author, "Análisis y Crítica a la Inaplicabilidad de la Declaratoria General de Inconstitucionalidad en materia Fiscal," Universidad de Monterrey, December 2012
- Co-author, "Juicio de Amparo con motivo de las reformas fiscales para 2014," Specialized Magazine Puntos Finos, January 2014
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.