Bertha Garcia Hernandez joined the Firm in November 1994, and has been with the Commercial Brokerage Practice Group in Monterrey since 1997. She was admitted as a lawyer in 2000 and became an associate in July 2001. Ms. Garcia Hernandez obtained a license for notarial practice from April 2009 until September 2010, and rejoined the Firm in October 2010. She practices in general corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, commercial brokerage, and contracts.
Ms. Garcia Hernandez regularly counsels on corporate matters and compliance in relation to mergers, spin-offs, dissolution and other corporate activities. She advises on the liquidation, incorporation and transfer of shares of Mexican entities, corporate reorganizations, as well as civil and commercial contracts. Her clients include companies incorporated under Mexican law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in advising Grupo Financiero Caterpillar Mexico S.A. de C.V. in the merging of all operating entities, the factoring, financial leasing and holding companies into a limited purpose financial entity and its transformation into a non-regulated multiple purpose financial entity.
- Participated in advising Dofasco Mexico S.A. de C.V. in its acquisition by ArcelorMittal Tubular Products International B.V., a division of ArcelorMittal S.A., engaged in the production and commercialization of steel for the automobile, construction, packaging and house application sectors.
- Participated in advising Inmar Inc. on its sale to Allegheny New Mountain Partners L.P., New Mountain Affiliated Investors II L.P. and New Mountain Partners II L.P.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Chamber of Commerce in Monterrey - Member
- Mexico (2000)
- Universidad Regiomontana (Master Corporate Law) (2009)
- George Washington University (US Legal System) (2002)
- University Autonoma de Nuevo Leon (J.D.) (2000)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.