Dr. Silke Gantzckow is a partner and notary in the Frankfurt office of Baker McKenzie with particular focus on Corporate, M&A and Private Equity with a strong track record in the energy and healthcare/life sciences industry sectors. She predominantly advises national and cross-border M&A including corporate reorganizations and restructurings. Silke renders legal advice in the renewable energies sector to a variety of clients, including sponsors, investors, financing banks, project developers, industrial enterprises, investment funds and pension funds, in particular, regarding the acquisition and disposal of project pipelines and related M&A transactions as well as joint ventures. As notary she has a particular specialization in M&A and real estate.
Silke advises clients on a wide range of complex mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity transactions, including cross-border transactions as well as corporate reorganisations.
Representative Legal Matters
Before Silke joined the Firm, she handled the following matters:
- Advised Becton, Dickinson and Company regarding sale of a majority stake in the respiratory solutions business unit to Apax Partners by form of a joint venture (i.e. Vyaire Medical Inc.) (transaction volume approx. USD 800 million) including global restructurings in more than 33 countries.
- Advised Columbia Capital, LLC on an investment in Resilience360 GmbH by way of joint venture with Deutsche Post DHL Group.
- Advised BVK-Residential Europe-Immobilienfonds Corestate regarding various real estate acquisitions in Germany.
- Advised Hamburg Commercial Bank AG (HCOB) regarding the financing of the largest photovoltaic project pipeline in the Netherlands.
- Advised First Solar, Inc. on several investments and joint ventures in Europe and the Middle East.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Frankfurt am Main - Member
- Notarkammer Frankfurt am Main - Member
- Notary Chamber of Frankfurt am Main (Notary Public) (2015)
- Germany (2001)
- State of Hamburg (Second State Exam) (2000)
- University of Goettingen (PhD) (1999)
- Christchurch, New Zealand (LL.M.) (1997)
- University of Goettingen (State Exam) (1995)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.