Joseph Fu regularly advises on matters involving litigation, arbitration, tax, corporate, real estate and fair trade law, as well as major projects. Mr. Fu studied his LLM program at the Graduate School of National Taiwan University, where he concentrated on constitution, administrative and competition law.
Mr. Fu has litigated and arbitrated some of the most complex criminal and civil cases in the Firm's Taipei office. He has assisted many clients in administrative petitions for tax matters, including value-added tax, income tax and land tax issues. Mr. Fu is seasoned in reviewing and notarizing the application forms of several trust foundations and listing companies, and he has defended clients in concerted action cases, as well as assisted in filing anti-counterfeit complaints with regard to fair trade law. In addition, he has handled several major projects, including the Taiwan High-Speed Rail Project, the Taipei International Financial Center Project and several incinerator plant projects in Taiwan.
Representative Legal Matters
- Defended Cathay Financial Holdings against a lawsuit by Lee & Li against UWCCB, provided legal analysis on terms of lease agreement, and advised on corporate compliance matters.
- Advised China Trust Financial Holding on criminal investigation and corporate compliance issues.
- Advised Hi-Life International Co. Ltd. on corporate compliance issues.
- Advised McDonald's Restaurant (Taiwan) Co. Ltd. on customer complaint issues, as well as corporate compliance matters.
- Advised Media Tek Inc. on patent litigation.
- Advised VIA Technologies, Inc. on income tax administrative litigation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Committee of Native People of Taipei Government - Commissioner
- Committee of Petition of Taipei Government - Commissioner
- Central Election Committee - Commissioner
- Justice Reform Foundation
- Taipei Bar Association - Director
- Chinese Society of Comparative Law - Supervisor
- Taichung~Taiwan (2015)
- Chang-Hwa~Taiwan (2014)
- Taoyuan~Taiwan (2002)
- Hsinchu~Taiwan (2000)
- Shih-Lin~Taiwan (1995)
- Kaohsiung~Taiwan (1993)
- Panchiao~Taiwan (1993)
- Taipei~Taiwan (1986)
- National Taiwan University (LL.B.) (1982)