Representative Legal Matters
- Represents an international healthcare company in an ICC arbitration seated in New York in a dispute over the purchase price for an M&A transaction with an amount in dispute of over USD 60 million.
- Represents a construction company in a DIS arbitration over the construction of an offshore windfarm in the North Sea with an amount in dispute of more than EUR 400 million.
- Represents a pharmaceutical company in an ICC arbitration seated in Tokyo in a dispute over the marketing and distribution of medicinal products with an amount in dispute of more than EUR 10 million.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Arbitration Institute (DIS) - Member
- German Arbitration Institute Under 40 (DIS 40) - Member
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum (ICC YAF) - Member
- London Court of International Arbitration - Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG) - Member
- Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (Young ICCA) - Member
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution - Young & International - Member
- Germany (2018)
- Higher Regional Court of Berlin (Second State Exam) (2017)
- Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (Dr. iur.) (2017)
- King's College London, UK (Master of Laws LL.M.) (2014)
- Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (First State Exam) (2012)
- San Francisco
- New York
Co-author (with Markus Altenkirch), „The Advance on Costs in Investment Arbitration“, ICSID Review, Volume 33, Issue 3, Fall 2018, Pages 723-735
Author, “Verletzung von Schiedsvereinbarungen – Eine Untersuchung des deutschen Schiedsverfahrensrechts zu den Pflichten der Schiedsparteien und den Rechtsfolgen ihrer Verletzung“, Veröffentlichungen zum Verfahrensrecht 141, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen 2017
Co-author (with Joerg Risse), “The Vanishing Trial & the 30-70%-Disease – Why Both Matter for Arbitration Practitioners," Global Arbitration News, August 2016
Co-author (with Max Oehm), “Compatibility of Intra-EU BITs with EU Law," Global Arbitration News, May 2016
Co-author (with Joerg Risse), "Schadensersatzansprüche nach einstweiligen Verfügungen in Schiedsverfahren," SchiedsVZ 2011, 239-248 ((2011) 9(5) German Arbitration Journal 239- 248)
Speaker, “Schadensersatzansprüche nach einstweiligen Verfügungen in Schiedsverfahren”, presentation at the DIS Under 40 event in Stuttgart, February 2013