Dr. Jan Frohloff is an associate in the Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Dusseldorf office. Previously, Jan clerked in the Firm’s New York and San Francisco offices. Jan holds a doctoral degree from the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz and obtained a master’s degree in law at King’s College London. During his time at King’s College London, Jan was Assistant to the Tribunal in two investment treaty arbitration cases.
Jan has significant experience in international commercial and investment arbitration cases. His current practice focuses on post mergers and acquisitions disputes as well as IT outsourcing disputes. Jan also advises in disputes related to large infrastructure projects such as offshore wind farms.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represents an international healthcare company in an ICC arbitration seated in New York in a dispute over the purchase price for an M&A transaction with an amount in dispute of over USD 60 million.
- Represents a construction company in a DIS arbitration over the construction of an offshore windfarm in the North Sea with an amount in dispute of more than EUR 400 million.
- Represents a pharmaceutical company in an ICC arbitration seated in Tokyo in a dispute over the marketing and distribution of medicinal products with an amount in dispute of more than EUR 10 million.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Arbitration Institute (DIS) - Member
- German Arbitration Institute Under 40 (DIS 40) - Member
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum (ICC YAF) - Member
- London Court of International Arbitration - Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG) - Member
- Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (Young ICCA) - Member
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution - Young & International - Member
- Germany (2018)
- Higher Regional Court of Berlin (Second State Exam) (2017)
- Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (Dr. iur.) (2017)
- King's College London, UK (Master of Laws LL.M.) (2014)
- Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (First State Exam) (2012)
- San Francisco
- New York
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.