Alissa Forstner joined Baker McKenzie’s IPTech team in Vienna as a junior associate in Febuary 2020. Prior to joining the Firm, she gained valuable experience working as a junior associate and before that as a trainee in several renowned Austrian law firms. Alissa studied at the University of Vienna and at the Université Paris Descartes.
Alissa advises multinational and domestic clients on data protection, telecommunications law, IT outsourcing, software licensing, cyber security, copyright, trademark law, patent law and e-commerce matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing a US multinational technology client in cross-border data protection litigations concerning core features of the client's online service offerings.
- Performing a 39-jurisdictions-survey for a Europe-wide franchisor on the enforceability of electronic signatures for franchise agreements and real estate-related agreements.
- Performing top-to-bottom compliance reviews regarding the outsourcing to a software-as-a-service (SaaS) cloud provider for multiple international financial auditing firms, including the analysis of requirements for the financial services sector.
- Conducting a 28- jurisdictions-survey on the data protection and employment law requirements of the roll-out of a cloud-based human capital management software for an international manufacturing company.
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (2018)
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.