Salvador has ample experience in international and local commercial arbitration and in civil, commercial and administrative litigation before local and federal courts in Mexico and has obtained many favorable rulings in high profile and precedent-setting cases, including matters dealing with international trade and investment.
He has participated in arbitrations under the rules of the major arbitral institutions and is knowledgeable in dealing with dispute boards and other methods of solving disputes. He has served as sole arbitrator and chairman of arbitral tribunals in several international and local cases (under the UNCITRAL, ICC, CANACO, CAM and other rules and including a case administered by the Permanent Court of Arbitration in the Hague).
Representative Legal Matters
- Lead counsel to a global port operations company in an USD 300 million plus construction arbitration regarding a port in the Mexican Pacific. (ICC, English, New York).
- Lead counsel to an important regional construction company, as leading counsel in arbitration administered by the ICDR regarding an infrastructure project in Central America (IACAC, Spanish, Panama).
- Lead arbitration counsel to a global pharmaceutical company in a dispute regarding indemnities for breaches to warranties and representations and undisclosed liabilities derived from the purchase of a group of companies in diverse countries in Latin America (ICC, English, New York).
- Counsel to a Spanish construction company regarding a multimillion dispute with a subcontractor regarding the revamping of a unit of a refinery (ICC, Spanish, Mexico).
- Lead counsel to a major hospitality company in arbitration regarding a contractual dispute concerning the split of a group of hotels and the rights to a timeshare club. The case settled favorably to the client in mediation. (ICDR, Spanish, Mexico).
- Counsel to a Mexican public corporation in one of the largest international construction arbitrations in Latin America under the ICC rules involving claims in excess of USD 1 billion related to an oil and gas project in Mexico and in subsequent setting aside proceedings pending before the Supreme Court of Justice in Mexico (ICC, Spanish, Mexico).
- Successfully represented a global carrier company in multimillion ICC arbitration related to its Latin-American operations (ICC, English, Miami).
- Counsel to a Canadian Oil & Gas company in an ICC arbitration regarding the construction of a pipeline and related litigation against a surety company before Federal Courts in Mexico (ICC, English, Mexico).
- Represented two major Spanish real estate companies, operating under a special purpose company, in arbitration regarding a large real estate seaside development in Mexico (CANACO, Spanish, Mexico).
- Representing a US real estate development company in arbitration under the ICDR rules in the English language regarding a project in Mexico (ICDR, English, Mexico).
- Band 3 in Dispute Resolution: Arbitration, Mexico, Chambers Latin America, 2017
- Recommended in Dispute Resolution, Mexico, Legal 500, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- ICDR - Chair, Mexican Advisory Committee
- ICC Mexico - Member, Arbitration Commission
- National Association for Corporate Counsel ANADE - Member; Vice-coordinator, Dispute Resolution Committee
- Mexican Bar Association - Member
- Mexico (1996)
- New York University School of Law (2000)
- Universidad Panamericana (Law) (1998)
- University of Guadalajara (Honors) (1995)