Anke Folmer is legal director for corporate structures at the Amsterdam office, which she joined in 2006 as part of the the international corporate law practice. She frequently publishes articles about corporate developments in legal journals. She was one of the authors of "The use of the notarial act in the security of investments. In particular, its reliability for public registers and its executory force" for the Union Internationale du Notariat 2010.
As a candidate civil-law notary, Anke is involved in international restructurings, M&A, financing, capital markets and the pension industry. She works closely with the Firm's International Tax, Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, and Pensions groups. She was seconded to ING Group N.V. from January to July 2011.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted in an international refinancing matter for a global organization in the fashion industry.
- Assisted in a restructuring and post-acquisition integration for a multinational in the health industry.
- Assisted in a restructuring and spin-off for a multinational in the health industry.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Royal Dutch Association of Civil-law Notaries (KNB)
- Civil Law Notary~Netherlands (2004)
- Women Leadership Programme (2012)
- Grotius College (2009)
- University of Groningen (Degree Tax Law) (2004)
- University of Groningen (Degree Notarial Law) (2003)
Author, "The use of the notarial act in the security of investments. In particular, its reliability for public registers and its executory force," Union Internationale du Notariat, 2010
Editorial secretary, "Tijdschrift voor de Ondernemingsrechtpraktijk"