Martin Folke is an associate and member of Baker McKenzie’s Mergers & Acquisition Practice Group in Stockholm. Prior to joining the Firm in September 2013, he worked at another law firm in Stockholm between 2008 and 2013.
Martin advises Swedish and international clients on cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions (including industry, private equity and real estate transactions), as well as corporate law matters and commercial agreements. He represents a number of prominent companies in industries such as manufacturing, aviation and retail.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for LeoVegas in its acquisition of the online casino operations of Intellectual Property &Software Limited (IPS).
- Acted for Leo Vegas in its acquisition Web Investments Limited, which includes the trademark Royal Panda.
- Acted for Groupe SEB in its acquisition of OBH Nordica, a leading player in the small domestic equipment market in Scandinavia, from Triton investment.
- Acted for LeoVegas in its acquisition of the Italian gaming operator Winga.it.
- Nouvago Capital AB: Divestment of Anuncios Clasificados de Mexico SA de CV, Youcentric Ltd, the equivalent of Swedish ‘Blocket’ in Mexico.
Prior to joining the Firm, Martin also assisted the following companies on M&A matters:
- Acted for Fortum Generation AB in its divestment of its Streamgate subsidiaries, conducting hydro power plant operations located in Sweden.
- Acted for Willhem AB in its acquisition of 11,100 right of tenancies with an underlying property value of approximately MSEK 7.
- Acted for FSN Capital in its divestment of Alignment Systems to Polaris.
- Acted for the Kingdom of Sweden in its divestment of all the shares in Vin & Sprit Group, the owner of Absolut Vodka, to Pernod Ricard.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association - Member
- Sweden (2007)
- University of Uppsala (LL.M.) (2008)
- University of Antwerp (Law) (2006)