Martin Folke joined Baker McKenzie in September 2013 and is a member of the Firm’s Mergers & Acquisition Practice Group in Stockholm. Prior to joining the Firm in September 2013, he worked at another law firm in Stockholm and has overall more than eleven years of experience in domestic and cross border transactions.
Martin advises Swedish and international clients on cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions (including industry, private equity, growth capital and venture capital investments), as well as on corporate law matters, and seed financing and capital injection rounds. He represents a number of prominent companies mainly within the fields of technology, manufacturing and aviation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Leeroy Group on the Swedish VC investors, NFT Ventures and Almi, investment in the company.
- Advised Oriola Corporation on its investment in Doktor.se Nordic AB.
- Advised LeoVegas on the acquisition of the online casino operations of Intellectual Property &Software Limited (IPS).
- Advised Leo Vegas on the acquisition Web Investments Limited, which includes the trademark Royal Panda.
- Advised Groupe SEB on the acquisition of OBH Nordica, a leading player in the small domestic equipment market in Scandinavia, from Triton Investment.
- Advised LeoVegas on the acquisition of the Italian gaming operator Winga.it.
- Advised Nouvago Capital AB on the divestment of Anuncios Clasificados de Mexico SA de CV, Youcentric Ltd, the equivalent of Swedish ‘Blocket’ in Mexico.
Prior to joining the Firm, Martin also assisted the following companies on M&A matters.
- Advised Fortum Generation AB on the divestment of its Streamgate subsidiaries, conducting hydro power plant operations located in Sweden.
- Advised Willhem AB on the acquisition of 11,100 right of tenancies with an underlying property value of approximately MSEK 7.
- Advised FSN Capital on the divestment of Alignment Systems to Polaris.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association - Member
- Sweden (2011)
- University of Uppsala (LL.M.) (2008)
- University of Antwerp (IELSP) (2006)