Anthony Foley is the former National Managing Partner of Baker McKenzie's Australian offices. His legal practice is in the area of information technology, communications, intellectual property and competition. He has worked extensively with global market leaders in the technology sector, and has advised on some of the largest outsourcing and IT procurement projects undertaken in Australia. Anthony previously headed up the Firm's Technology, Communications & Commercial practice in Australia and the Asia Pacific. He is listed as a "leading individual" in Chambers Global and in Asia Pacific Legal 500 and features in Best Lawyers: Australia as a leader in his field.
Anthony's practice focuses on information technology, communications and intellectual property advice. He also has significant experience in a wide range of licensing, R&D, content, media, manufacturing, distribution, acquisition and joint venture transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for some of Australia's largest suppliers to the television and broadcasting industry.
- Advising on key developments in the pay TV and media business in Australia.
- Representing companies in intellectual property infringement cases involving the use of trade marks and copyright works online.
- Advising on the liability of internet service providers and content providers, as well as on domain name disputes.
- Acting for a major communications provider on the strategic outsourcing of all customer call centres in India.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New South Wales Society for Computers & the Law - Committee Member
- American Chamber of Commerce in Australia - Committee Member, Legal Affairs Sub-Committee
- New South Wales~Australia (1983)
- Federal Court of Australia~Australia (1983)
- University of London (LL.M.) (1986)
- University of Sydney (LL.B.) (1982)
- San Francisco