Deyanira has been a partner with Baker McKenzie since 2003. She is a member of the Litigation practice group focusing on criminal matters with more than 26 years of experience in the practice.
Deyanira has been an instructor at the Police and Traffic Academy in San Pedro Garza Garcia, N.L. and a professor at the Universidad Cervantina de Monterrey, N.L., teaching Criminal Law and Criminal Procedural Law.
Deyanira focuses her practice on the detection and prevention of criminal activities within companies, and training to detect and prevent crimes. She also provides legal assistance before authorities, both in initial investigations and trials, and, currently in some states, through the new oral criminal procedure and in proceedings before higher authorities, including extraditions and international collaborations. Additionally, she serves as mediator in negotiating settlements between plaintiffs and defendants in criminal proceedings, and conducts internal investigations.
Representative Legal Matters
Successfully represented various companies that have suffered losses of assets because of thefts, frauds, or embezzlements committed by employees or outsiders.
Represented a brokerage houses, credit institutions, insurance companies, and maquila companies, including its officers or employees that have been accused for the commission of a crime, whether of a state or federal nature, and of crimes resulting from special legislations such as tax, environmental, intellectual property, gaming, firearms and explosives, and banking and securities, among others.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- US-Mexico Bar Association - Member
- ASIS Mexico North Chapter 239 Nuevo León (International Organization of Safety Professionals) - Member
- Certified Fraud Examiners Association - Member, Mexico Chapter
- Colegio de Abogados, A.C. Section Nuevo León (ANADE) - Member
- Colegio de Jurisprudencia de Nuevo León, A.C. - Member
- ASIS Mexico North Chapter 239 Nuevo León - Former President
- Mexico (1993)
- Facultad Libre de Derecho de Monterrey (Diploma Amparo Law) (2003)
- Facultad Libre de Derecho de Monterrey (White Collar related Crime) (2001)
- Instituto de Actualizacion Juridica (Criminal Law and Procedural Criminal Law) (1997)
- School of Political Sciences and Public Administration, U.A.N.L. (Electorial Political Law) (1994)
- Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon (Honors) (1993)