Jennifer Fitzalan is a senior associate in the Construction team at Baker McKenzie, Sydney. Jennifer joined the team in 2011, bringing over six years’ experience in front- and back-end construction matters for engineering and mining companies, contractors, developers, Australia’s leading fit-out contractor and other smaller contractors, and government bodies. She also has considerable experience in general commercial litigation including insolvency and debt litigation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a New South Wales government department on contracts issued as a part of the Australian government’s stimulus package.
- Advised contractors and principals about their rights and obligations under different forms of construction contracts, including construct only, design and construct and managing contractor.
- Advised on the National Code of Practice for the Construction Industry and drafting responses to requests for information issued by the Office of the Australian Building and Construction Industry Commissioner.
- Advised on workplace agreements in connection with assessment for compliance with the National Code of Practice for the Construction Industry.
- Advised a fit-out contractor on their response to a direction from the superintendent to update the construction program to include future proposed variations.
- New South Wales~Australia (2005)
- University of Newcastle (Law) (2005)