Laura Fisher is Of Counsel in the Corporate Department of Baker McKenzie London, and advises clients on a wide range of corporate law matters.
Laura leads a dedicated global corporate maintenance team in Belfast, advising clients on annual corporate maintenance compliance globally, entity management and multi-jurisdictional ad hoc corporate changes such as amendments to articles of association, director and officer changes and financial year end changes. Laura's practice also involves advising multinational groups on the structuring, implementation and management of complex corporate reorganisation projects as well as corporate governance at a subsidiary level and on the UK corporate governance reforms.
Representative Legal Matters
- Coordinating company secretarial services globally of international subsidiaries for multinational clients such as Arm and Colt to ensure annual compliance.
- Advising multinationals on various internal restructurings and on options for setting up business in new jurisdictions by incorporation of international subsidiaries.
- Advising on simplification of international group structures and providing support to in-house legal teams on corporate legal issues.
- Advising Arm on new corporate governance reporting obligations in the UK and advising on governance arrangements.
- Advising Oracle Corporation on its integration in Europe, Middle East and Africa following the acquisition of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Advising Schneider Electric in relation to the integration of two of its business divisions, American Power Conversion and MGE UPS Systems in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Advising American Standard Companies Inc., (now Trane Inc.) on the restructuring of its bath and kitchen division prior to the sale to Bain Capital Partners for USD 1.745 billion and its vehicle braking systems division prior to listing in NYSE as Wabco Holdings Inc.
- Advising a number of clients on implementing tax efficient trading models and structures (non-disclosable).
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2007)
- College of Law (Legal Practice Course) (2004)
- College of Law (Graduate Diploma in Law) (2003)
- Cambridge University (Kings College) (Classics) (2001)
Firm Committee Memberships
BakerOpportunity Steering Committee member
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.