Alex Findley is an Associate in Baker McKenzie's London office and he is a member of the Firm's Competition & Trade team. Alex qualified in September 2017 and has spent time working in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong and Brussels offices.
Alex advises on all aspects of competition law, with a particular focus on merger control and restrictive agreements. Alex also has experience of conducting internal investigations into sanctions breaches, as well as allegations of bribery and fraud. Alex has represented clients before the UK's Competition and Markets Authority, as well as the European Commission.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising private equity companies on EU and UK merger control issues and liaising with the EU and UK authorities on merger notifications.
- Advising a multinational energy company on UK competition law issues in relation to its acquisition of a European bulk liquid storage business.
- Advising a Japanese conglomerate on EU merger control considerations in relation to multiple deals and liaising with the EU Commission on merger notifications, which included securing approvals.
- Advising a premier agricultural origination and processing company on EU merger control considerations and liaising with the EU Commission on merger notifications, which included securing approvals.
- Carrying out market risk assessments for a cosmetics company with a view to analysing behavioural issues arising in instances of potential market dominance.
- Advising a company during a dawn raid and conducting a related investigation, which included liaising with the UK's Competition & Markets Authority on its behalf.
- Advising large multinational companies on whistle-blower reports and conducting and completing subsequent internal investigations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Law Society of Ireland
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2017)
- College of Law (LPC) (2015)
- University of Southampton (LLB , Law) (2014)
- Hong Kong