Alex Findley is an Associate in Baker McKenzie's London office and he is a member of the Firm's Competition & Trade team. Alex qualified in September 2017 and has spent time working in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong and Brussels offices.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising private equity companies on EU and UK merger control issues and liaising with the EU and UK authorities on merger notifications.
- Advising a multinational energy company on UK competition law issues in relation to its acquisition of a European bulk liquid storage business.
- Advising a Japanese conglomerate on EU merger control considerations in relation to multiple deals and liaising with the EU Commission on merger notifications, which included securing approvals.
- Advising a premier agricultural origination and processing company on EU merger control considerations and liaising with the EU Commission on merger notifications, which included securing approvals.
- Advising multinational companies on multijurisdictional merger filing strategy, relating to a hostile takeover of a competing business.
- Carrying out market risk assessments for a cosmetics company with a view to analysing behavioural issues arising in instances of potential market dominance.
- Advising a company during a dawn raid and conducting a related investigation, which included liaising with the UK's Competition & Markets Authority on its behalf.
- Advising large multinational companies on whistle-blower reports and conducting and completing subsequent internal investigations.
- Advising global company on the UK National Security and Investment Bill and preparing a consultation response setting out proposed amendments to the Bill and draft definitions.
- Advising industry clients on the implications of global foreign investment rules in a range sectors (including consumer goods, technology and mining).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2017)
- College of Law (LPC) (2015)
- University of Southampton (LLB - Law) (2014)
- Hong Kong
- Co-author, "Global Competition Law and Labor - The Battle Continues in the Market for Talent," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, April 2021
- Co-author, "UK Government tables amendment to NSIB’s mandatory notification percentage thresholds," Foreign Investment and National Security Blog, Baker McKenzie, April 2021
- Speaker, "Handling deals and what you need to know," in European Union & United Kingdom: Competition Law – Essential Knowledge for In-House Lawyers Mastering the Basics for Your Business, Global Compliance News, July 2020