Alexander is an associate in the New York office of Baker McKenzie and is a member of the Transactional Practice Group.
Alexander advises developers, investors, lenders, and sponsors in the acquisition and sale, development, and financing of renewable energy and clean energy projects. Alexander advises offtakers in power purchase agreements and the procurement of renewable energy to meet their decarbonization and ESG commitments.
Alexander also advises domestic and multinational companies in financings and secured transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic corporate transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising an international financing company in the financing of a joint venture involved in the development of solar projects for the delivery of renewable energy to corporate customers in the United States to achieve sustainability goals.
- Advising an infrastructure fund in the acquisition of indirect equity interests in multiple solar projects in the United States.
- Advised an international renewable energy development company in the acquisition of development rights and land rights for the construction of a 973 MW wind project in Mexico.
- Advised an international energy development and management company in the investment in a multi-state carbon capture and sequestration (CCS) project.
- Advised an international renewable energy development company in the sale of a 50% ownership interest in a 100 MW solar power project paired with a 35 MW onsite battery energy storage system (BESS).
- Advised a large manufacturer in connection with the procurement of electricity and renewable energy credits (RECs) from a solar power project through a sleeved arrangement with a utility and a renewable energy development company.
- New York~United States (2022)
- Columbia Law School, United States (JD) (2021)
- Cornell University (BA) (2016)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.