Marc Fèvre's practice spans project development, financing and secondary market transactions in the energy and infrastructure sectors. He has over 14 years of experience working in Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East and is recognised in his field by legal directories including Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising the Office National de l'Electricité et de l'Eau Potable of Morocco on the procurement and development of the country's 850MW wind energy programme.
- Advised lenders and sponsors on bids and on the development and financing of a number of projects in the first three rounds of South Africa's Renewable Energy IPP Programme, including solar PV, CSP, wind and bioenergy generation.
- Advising sponsors and lenders on the development and financing of first-in-kind project financed power projects using either renewable or thermal technologies in a number of countries in sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
- Acted for the Saline Water Conversion Corporation of Saudi Arabia on its proposed privatisation of 30 cogeneration and desalination facilities and a 3,600 kilometre water transmission system and the development of bankable IWPP documentation.
- Acting for MTN Nigeria, on its largest financing to date in 2013, a USD3 billion loan, sourced from a consortium of seventeen Nigerian banks and five global financial institutions including European and Asian ECAs to further expand, modernise and improve the company's network infrastructure. Acted for MTN Nigeria on its USD2 billion corporate facility in 2007 and the subsequent provision of an additional USD2 billion facility in 2010.
- Advising petrochemical companies and national oil companies on the development of mid-stream petrochemicals projects in Asia and the Middle East.
- Acting on the development and financing of PPP road infrastructure projects, such as the M6 Phase motorway projects in Hungary for the Bilfinger Berger and Porr-led consortia (including on the partial refinancing by the EIB of Phase II and the bond refinancing of Phase I), the M25 DBFO project in the UK and the Mafraq-Ghweifat project in the UAE.
- Acted on the development and financing of rail PPPs such as the Gautrain Rapid Rail Link in South Africa, the Thameslink Programme in the UK and the Dubai Tram.
- Acted for the sponsoring authority on the development of the first PPP hospital in the UAE.
- Acting for utilities, Japanese trading houses and infrastructure funds in relation to the acquisition (including the financing) and disposal of energy and infrastructure assets and businesses, including conventional power plants, wind and solar farms, waste to energy businesses, port assets, transport and social infrastructure.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Franco-British Lawyers Society - Member
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- British-Japanese Lawyers' Association - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2000)
- University of Sheffield (M.A.) (2003)
- College of Law of England and Wales (L.P.C.) (1997)
- University of St. Andrews (M.A. Honors) (1995)
- Institut d'Etudes Politiques/Paris (CEP) (1993)