Marc Fèvre has over 20 years of experience working in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East and is recognised in his field by legal directories. He was named as Projects Lawyer of the Year for 2019 (London market) by Legal 500. Marc advises clients on transactions at the cutting edge of the energy and infrastructure sectors. He has a particular focus on the renewable energy sector and the energy transition and jointly heads the Firm’s renewable energy sub-sector group.
Marc represents developers, financial investors, lenders and governments. His energy experience includes power generation (renewables, nuclear and conventional), oil and gas, and petrochemicals. In the infrastructure sector, he has particular experience of transactions in relation to waste to energy, road, rail and social infrastructure. He works on greenfield developments, project financings, public-private partnerships (PPPs) and secondary market transactions. Marc specialises in first-in-kind transactions both in emerging markets (where he is rated as a Leading Individual by Legal 500) and in developed markets. He has been at the forefront of the Firm’s work in the energy transition, including corporate PPAs and is part of the Firm’s Sustainable Finance and Hydrogen specialist groups.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised both project developers and electricity offtakers on the first corporate PPAs and electricity market hedges for renewable energy projects developed in Europe on an unsubsidised basis, including the 300 MW Talasol PV project in Spain.
- Advised the Office Nationale d’Electricité et de l’Eau Potable on the procurement, development and financing of Morocco’s ground-breaking 850MW Integrated Wind Farm Project across five sites and on the Taza wind farm.
- Advised Shell on its acquisition of sonnen, a leader in smart energy storage systems and innovative energy services for households.
- Advised Suez, Itochu and the Marguerite Fund on the bid, development and financing of the Belgrade Waste to Energy PPP Project in Serbia.
- Advised MTN Nigeria, on a series of billion dollar financings from Nigerian banks and global financial institutions including European and Asian ECAs to further expand, modernise and improve the company's network infrastructure.
- Advising lenders and sponsors on bids and on the development and financing of a number of projects under South Africa's Renewable Energy IPP Programme, including solar PV, CSP, wind and bioenergy generation, developers and lenders on Rounds 1 and 2 of Egypt’s Solar PV Programme, developers bidding for projects under GCC renewable energy auctions.
- Advising sponsors and lenders on the development and financing of first-in-kind project financed power projects using either renewable or thermal technologies and on water and desalination projects in a number of countries in sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia.
- Advising sponsors and lenders on the development and financing of PPP road, rail and social infrastructure projects in the UK, the CEE region, sub-Saharan Africa, Southeast Asia and the Middle East.
- Advising project owners and investors on complex contractual arrangements including Concession Agreements, offtake and supply contracts, EPC contracts, O&M contracts, LTSAs, joint venture, shareholder and bid agreements and finance documentation.
- Advising utilities, Japanese trading houses, infrastructure and pension funds and other financial investors on the acquisition (including the financing) and disposal of energy and infrastructure assets and businesses, including conventional power plants, onshore and offshore wind and solar farms, international interconnectors, desalination and waste to energy businesses, port assets, transport and social infrastructure.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Franco-British Lawyers Society - Member
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- British-Japanese Lawyers' Association - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2000)
- University of Sheffield (M.A.) (2003)
- College of Law of England and Wales (L.P.C.) (1997)
- University of St. Andrews (M.A. Honors) (1995)
- Institut d'Etudes Politiques/Paris (CEP) (1993)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.